EC12 sailors take another field trip

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Re: EC12 sailors take another field trip

Postby Chuck Luscomb » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:45 am

LOL...
When I read the post about the sequence of photos, I thought you were talking about the S/B nationals? When I opened the link, I realized it was the A/C.

These girls are up to one of the oldest sports in competitive sailing. They go hand in hand and any large regatta. While the guys or off trying to land a trophy, the girls are off trying to land a sailor. We refer to them as "racer chasers". Once you are hooked by one of these "sheilas", your sailing career will come to a screeching halt. Almost like pushing the wrong button on an A/C Cat (Jimmy). The key to success is to get a belly full of sailing and THEN start talking to these ladies. Otherwise it may be over sooner than you would like.
Chuck
USA 84 "SECRET"
Chuck Luscomb

Postby DBrawner » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:20 pm

Our plan to watch the Americas Cup race went even better than planned. We arrived from Angel Island to Alcatraz just at the start of race one. As we climbed the hill towards the cell block, the leeward gate came into view. Just at that time, Oracle popped out from the other side of the island with ETNZ close behind. Our pace quickened to the highest part of Alcatraz where we had a clear view of the entire course.

Here are the pictures from yesterday with Ken's continuing theme of getting the high heel of the day. Enjoy.

https://picasaweb.google.com/111167225028431887849/20130912
DB #53
DBrawner

Postby Dave_Branning » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:49 pm

Ken: Yo! One set of high heals and a pair of sneakers. Weak! NIce race view from Alcatraz, though.
Dave
EC12
Grace
Dave_Branning

Postby Capt. Flak » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:50 am

I am jealous.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby yachtie » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:07 pm

Awesome sequence thanks but pic 39 probably better as an expensive high mainainence boat accessory :D :mrgreen:
yachtie

Postby Rick West » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:16 am

The EC12 Field Trip to the San Francisco Bay area ended this evening with the departure to Newark, NJ of David and Lisa Brawner and Ken Shaw. The group of 5 sailing took positions 3 through 7 at the S/B NCR on Spreckels Lake in Golden Gate Park by the wonderful hosting of the SF MYC and management of a great Race Committee headed by RD John Super. It was fun competitive and enlightening. This outing included numerous outings into the City, visits to Angel Island and Alcatraz where there were outstanding views of the America's Cup in addition to those from the AC Village and replays on big flat screens. The ladies; Lisa Brawner, Karen Ramos and Merrilee West scoured Sausalito for a day for views, experiences and loot. There also was a tour of the newly opened span of the Bay Bridge and two nights at Cloud 9 in the Meadows Anchorage on the Sacramento Delta 90 miles northeast. The superlatives are endless with no disappointments. It will be an outing for the ages.

David will soon be asleep at 35,000 over Utah and this is only a Forward to what he will report. Ken Shaw will have lots of photos in time. See you all in Sun City next weekend. :D
...94 [8D]
Pacifica By The Sea
Rick West

Postby DBrawner » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:10 pm

After a couple glorious days visiting with Rick and Merrilee on the house boat in the Sacramento River Delta, it was time that we all headed back home. The box arrived back in one piece with all the boats and equipment is perfect shape. Once Ken and Dave have time to download their pictures, there will be some more photo links. This truly was a wonderful trip with some of my EC12 buddies. Next year's adventure will be to Race Week Chicago with the Soling 1M's, J's. S/B and of course the East Coast 12 Meter! Up just ahead for the traveling roadshow is this year's EC12 NCR in Carolina. Yeah baby, bring it on.

This ends our Special Report....
We now return you to your normally scheduled EC12 programming.

This is DB #8 returning to DB #53
DB #53
DBrawner

Postby Capt. Flak » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:26 pm

Thanks for the report guys, we all look forward to the photos. I heard from Tom Germer today that his S/B did not arrive back home in good shape. He has some repair work to do. Something about a forklift and some crushing. I am sure he can elaborate.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Previous

Return to Regatta Stuff