Gatorade (or POWERade by Coca Cola)

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Gatorade (or POWERade by Coca Cola)

Postby jrflorida » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:36 pm

For many of us, the hot spring and summer races are really taxing. I raced at Charleston this year, my first time, and was wiped out. The races are long, and in retrospect, I think many of us became dehydrated. I recently had a physical and told my doctor about my leg cramps and that some of the other sailors were feeling sick and that I thought about dehydration and started trying to drink as much water as possible. He said that dehydration was probably the culprit and that water was not the entire solution. He suggested that we try Gatorade, because it replaces some of the vital elements lost in sweat, and there was a lot of sweat at the pond in Charleston that day.

I suggested that we might try Gatorade to Reichard, and his reply was: “Good idea! We moved our Regatta to the middle of November where it will most likely stay from now on. Plenty of water will do the trick then.â€
jrflorida

Postby Larry Ludwig » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:14 am

You can never get enough water, and Gatorjuice is a good choice. Might be a little rough on those counting carbs... yoink...[:o)]

Good for you for paying attention to such needs. We are lucky enough to have a water jug in the club house each week, and it gets drained every Sunday... can't get enough.
Larry Ludwig

Return to Regatta Stuff