Annapolis, Final Colonial Cup Oct 1/2 2001

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Annapolis, Final Colonial Cup Oct 1/2 2001

Postby bigfoot55 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:53 pm

NOR http://ec12.org/Regattas/2011/2011ANP-NOR.pdf

Chesapeake Bay Model Racing Association is pleased to invite all registered EC-12 owners to the Annapolis EC 12 Regatta to be hosted at Sandy Point State Park in Annapolis, MD.
bigfoot55

Postby efreeland » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:47 pm

Looking forward to seeing everyone again in Annapolis! There will plenty of racing as long as there is wind, which never presents a problem. In the years past there has been B Rig weather,

Perspective Skippers List

Dave Ramos - Confirmed - Can Ramos beat Danny to finally claim victory in his own clubs regatta?
Thomas - Danny has a perfect streak in this regatta. Can someone pull the perpetual trophy from Danny this year?
Kevin MacCullen - He has verbally confirmed and always makes the trek from CT. Maybe he will bring his friend Chuck Luscomb to sail.
Tim Stone - He promises to come back every year.
Dave Branning - Confirmed
Doug Wotring - Maybe he can bring some of his EC12 friends from York
David Brawner - You can always count on Dave baring a major schedule conflict. He comes for the food!
Mark Rinehart
Alex Ramos - Little Ramos won't be coming this year due to his Naval Academy commitments. He'll be missed!
Jake Leo - He has become a regular in Annapolis
Mark Smith - He is another regular as well.

I am headed to Detroit this week to encourage some to join us in Annapolis. Maybe if I am lucky I can convince Vella and Margarita Mike to make the 10 hour drive!

Bring yourself and bring an EC12 friend! It promises to be good times, good food and good sailing!

Ernest Freeland
efreeland

Postby efreeland » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:50 pm

Please see the posting about J-Boats being added to the Annapolis Regatta

Ernest Freeland
efreeland

Postby DT1405 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:17 pm

Hey there Ernie, Yes I'll be there,looking forward to it. Will have to blow the dust off the boat and see if it still works.:)I'll be teaming up w/Ken Shaw for the J's on fri.Can't wait to sail them,should be fun.Hey DR.J "WHERE'S THAT BLOODY RED BOAT"?

Daniel E Thomas
DT1405

Postby efreeland » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:04 pm

Still space in Annapolis. Come enjoy some great fall sailing.

So far we have:

Smith - Entries Received
Hutchinson - Entries Received
Ramos - Entries Received
Brawner - Entries Received
Barker - Entries Received
Ewing - Entries Received
Branning - Entries Received
Phillips - Entry Received
Thomas - Verbal
Shaw - Verbal
Wotring - On the fence
Jarl - On the fence
Rinehart - On the fence
MacCullen - No Go

Ernest Freeland
efreeland

Postby efreeland » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:48 pm

Today was a solid day spent with B Rigs. A fair amount of carnage was seen with several skippers loosing their rigs. We scored 19 races today and look to get at least a dozen races in tomorrow.

Results after one day without throw outs:

1 David Ramos 52
2 David Brawner 60
3 Danny Thomas 60.6
4 Don Barker 87
5 Doug Hutchinson 104
6 William Ewing 120
7 Tom Phillips 141
8 Dave Branning 150
9 Marc Smith 199
10 Chris Kuhn 202
11 Skip Hall 228

Ernest Freeland
efreeland

Postby efreeland » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:25 pm

After 31 races both the RD and skippers decided they had had enough racing. The wind offered up "B" Rig sailing all day on Saturday and Sunday started with "B" Rigs and eventually everyone switched to "A" Rigs. The skippers enjoyed winds coming from the ideal location for Sandy Point and sailed windward leewards twice around for the entire regatta. Saturday was a day with a fair amount of carnage and Sunday started a little slow getting everyone's boats recovered from Saturday and race worthy for Sunday.

When it was all said and done Dave Ramos managed to claim his first Annapolis EC12 Regatta by besting two time defending skipper Danny Thomas by 1.6 points. David Brawner was always in the mix and finished third. Racing was also tight for 5th - 7th place with only a few points seperating those skippers.

Interestingly enough the throw outs did not affect the final positions of the skippers.

It was great to have Tom Phillips up from Florida and a few skippers from New Jersey joined us. The wind was great, the racing was fun the only thing missing was about 10 degrees of additional temperature.

We look forward to seeing everyone next October.

Final Results

Place Name Sail # TOTAL
1 David Ramos 1605 48
2 Danny Thomas 1405 49.6
3 David Brawner 53 63
4 Don Barker 25 123
5 Doug Hutchinson 21 132
6 Tom Phillips 65 134
7 William Ewing 44 135
8 Dave Branning 71 174
9 Chris Kuhn 2026 249
10 Marc Smith 2081 283 (One day broken "B" Rig)
11 Skip Hall 7753 312

Ernest Freeland
efreeland

Postby bigfoot55 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:15 pm

It has been a hour and a half in the car to Virginia and in the house with a fresh cup of HOT coffee. I could have gone to the Villages and been wearing shorts and t-shirts, but instead we went North, to Alaska it seemed.

The venue was fun, the group was terrific and Ernest did a great job handling the RD duties. It was great to watch the top guys demonstrate how to do it, or not do it, from the back of the pack.

Kris- thanks again for the help rewiring my boat power lead. I think that B rig has finally reached retirement. Been wanting a new one.
If ya'll come next year, us southern folks have to be prepared. It was like Palm Beach Gardens in Feb with a cold front. If my daughter does not move, I will be back next year (with ski gear) and hope to see more of the Region 2 skippers.

Tom Phillips
bigfoot55

Postby marcsmith » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:23 pm

Great fun as Always, even if it was early day... Thanks dave for helping me get setup with a new mast...

Just gotta build it for nats...
marcsmith

Return to Regatta Stuff