Green Mountain Regatta - Stowe

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Postby bigfoot55 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:24 pm

bigfoot55

Postby Rick West » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:55 am

The camera has been found. It was never out of my possession. I missed one spot to look and that is where Murphy put it. [:D] Don't ask...

Charlie Berry and Tom Phillips sent out the alarm and it was the fastest reply for photos ever...like, overnight. FedEx could not have done better. Thanks, folks.

The next Newsletter will not be out till the 17th and will cover Stowe, Elon and York.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby rob1416 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:59 pm

Stowe is always a highlight of the season. Charlie and George, thanks again for running a wonderful event. Someone tell Bob that the line in his binoculars is too sharp.

The Viking team always has a good time, whether we do well or not.

Rob ("23 is Over") Hill

Rob Hill
rob1416

Postby greerdr » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:43 pm

We used say if you are not over early 10% of races you are too conservative on your starts.
I think we in RC are aware how painful an OCS is in our very close fleets ,and try very hard to avoid being over early.
I submit this fleet was very good at not "running the line" and staying in their lane for the most part.There was a ROYAL pile-up in one race but by and large I think we did fairly well at starting clean (of course most of my starts were in B fleet ;so what do I know).
Except I had a great time sailing with a group of wonderful people who I can't wait to compete with again.
Rick:Glad you found your camera

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Previous

Return to Regatta Stuff