The Villages Regatta

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

The Villages Regatta

Postby Alan Perkins » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:43 pm

Entries are coming in fast, 9 sofar. I will be at St Augustine regatta and will take entry forms there to save you the postage plus it will give me a better idea of final numbers. Alan
Alan Perkins

Postby Alan Perkins » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:16 am

23 entries todate. Closing date for entries Oct 31st so get your entry to me asap. Email me that it's on the way at alnliz@comcast.net and I can then get the final list to Joe on time to sort out the seeding races.
Provisional list sofar:
Bud Cassidy
Dick Reinke
Al Stall
Bud Elder
Richard Hedderick
Martin Gray
Baron Bremer
Bob Greer
Fred Pfeil
John Garver
John Rowley
Tom Germer
Jim Rutherford
Brenda Pardee
Jim Pardee
Gib Loesel
Al Dion
John Luscomb
John Bottensek
Bill Ewing
Bob Dudinsky
Dennis Futterlieb (in mail)
Tony Rieck (in mail)
Alan Perkins

Postby greerdr » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:11 pm

What a great looking fleet!
Can't wait to sail with such super skippers.

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby Alan Perkins » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:12 pm

We are now upto 25. Just had an entry from John Harrington from Crystal River, FL and an email from Martin Raisbrook who is flying in early from the UK to race with us. Don't forget entries close Oct 31st so if you have not entered and still want to email me asap.
The Lake is looking great with the new marks and Friday nights party hopefully will not cause tooo many hangovers. Alan
Alan Perkins

Postby Alan Perkins » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:45 pm

OK, 28 boats for a P&R Regatta wind forcast is looking good for the lake especially for Sunday. Practice as normal Friday pm followed by a pre-regatta party at the Perkins. Arrive anytime after 5:30 give Liz and the other ladies some time to get the 'nibbles' etc ready.
If you want to talk to the boss about food then email her at Lizflorida@comcast.net Bring whatever your fancied tipple is. Address 1831 Halyard Court, The Villages, Florida 32162 tel: 352-674-9145 we are on www.googlemaps.com
Alan
Alan Perkins

Postby Alan Perkins » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:01 pm

Just for your info over the weekend at The Villages, George W Bush is having a book signing on Saturday at 10:00 in Lake Sumter landing Square and on Sunday, The Villages are going to try and break their own Guiness Book of Records for the largest number of golf carts in a line so be aware it might get crowded on certain streets. Parade starts at 12:30 Sunday. It all happens in The Villages !!!!
Alan Perkins

Postby tony » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:33 pm

To Alan, Liz and all the volunteers. Thanks for a
fun time. Its always a cherry atmosphere down in the villages. If i was over 55 i'd move right on in. Night life though gets pretty crazy i've heard. There's also the danger of those golf carts on steroids.

Anyway, Nothing much you could do about the wind. Despite the anxiety
over the port starts and shifty winds, i enjoyed the competition and seeing my good friends again. I only hope i'm sailing as good as B. Cassidy when i'm 83. Thanks again and look forward to sailing with you in Punta Gorda.
Tony #82
tony

Return to Regatta Stuff