Choptank Cup Regatta

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Choptank Cup Regatta

Postby bigdog » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:57 pm

Sorry guys, I'm a little slow in getting out the info for this years regatta. Some times it ain't easy being Bigdog. The Holiday Inn Express is where I recomend that you stay while in Cambridge. That's right the place with the awesome cinnamon rolls. Reason enough to attend any regatta, and as you know food is a big part of this one. We usually start the party on Friday night, keep this in mind when you make reservations. Call them as soon as possible at 410-221-9900. Rooms can be hard to get, if you wait too long. Let me know if you have any problems and I'll find something else.

I'll have the forms out next but, send me a note at 1bigdog@fastol.com to let me know you are interested in attending.

Uncle Frank or Mr. Proefrock if you are listening, could you post this somewhere the rest of the world could see it.

Stay tunned,
Scott
bigdog

Postby Doug Wotring » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:35 pm

for those planning to attend....rooms seem to be hard to get.

DB found only one room at the Holiday Inn Exp. was a King Smoking Jacuzzi room......

I was able to make and get a normal room online.

Sometime tomorrow I will know about group rates and will post.

If you are coming I would get a room now......you can always cancel the reservation and rebook with the group rate if I can get it and a block of rooms.

Days Inn also had rooms online
Doug Wotring

Postby Doug Wotring » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:17 pm

CAMBRIDGE REGATTA 2007
** Colonial Cup Series **

Date: July 14-15

Time: The Skipper’s meeting for both days will be at 9:00am. Racing will begin at 9:30 am.

1805 Hudson Rd.
Cambridge, Md. 21613

1-410-228-7277
1bigdog@fastol.com

Registration Fee $30.00 per Skipper Guests: $10.00

Name:__________________________________Phone#____________Address:___________________________________________________City:____________________State:________________Zip:__________e-mail_____________________________________________________
AMYA#_____________Sail#______________Radio mfg___________
Frequencies #1__________#2__________#3__________#4__________

SAT Dinner ___________
Total amount enclosed__________________

In consideration of accepting this entry, I hereby for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights to claim damages that I may have or acquire against the sponsor club(s), or its members, the sailing site owners, employees, agents, representatives, or assigns, and the American Model Yachting Association, or its members, from any claim for injury or other damages to me of my family during this regatta event.
Signed__________________________________Date:_____________

Lodging:

Holiday Inn Express Cambridge, (410)221-9900.
Doug Wotring

Postby bigdog » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:27 pm

This is why he's a skipper and I'm still a sail trimmer.

Bigdog
bigdog

Postby Rick West » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:15 pm

This form should be posted on the National Schedule on the class website. This is were all this information is posted for all in the class and those interested in these events.

12 Discussions is not read by all the class or all the competitors, actually, only a few.

I have a hotel reservation in Campbridge and have been waiting for a posting to enter. Visibility and Marketing...it is good for the class.

If not sent to Paul Proefrock then send it to Frank Angel and it will get done. Easy!

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby Doug Wotring » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:05 pm

was sent to Paul prio to posting here
Doug Wotring

Postby bigdog » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:33 pm

Here's who we've got so far:

Mark Rinehart- Regatta Director
Bigdog- Cruise Director

1. Rick West
2. Dave Brawner
3. Al Sellers
4. Doug Wotring
5. Harry Mote
6. Winston Matthews
7. Gary Mueller
8. Thomas Dignam
9. Joe Cole
10.Jack Wubbe
11.Jarl Wathne
12.John Ebell
13.Pete Schilder
14.Bob Szczepanski
15.Jack Ward
16.Gerhard Kelter
17.Alan Perkins
18.Ivor Walton

Still time left to get in, just let me know.

Scott
bigdog

Postby bigdog » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:32 pm

An email will go out Monday night to all who are on the above list. It will have directions and sechdules. If anyone else wants to join us let me know, but these guys get first choice on frequencies.

We filled up the Tikki torches today. The ''George Strait'' and ''Led Zeppelin CD's are all lined up and the Dinning room looks like a commisary at an Air Force Base.

Bigdog
bigdog

Postby Winston » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:25 am

Winston

Postby Doug Wotring » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:03 am

Doug Wotring

Postby bigdog » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:07 pm

As usual, we are still sleeping this one off. I just thought you'd like to know that Dr. J. took it again this year. Dave Brawner was second and Gerhard Kelter, third.

As soon as I can see clearly again, I'll send the full report.

Bigdog [|)]
bigdog

Postby John Ebell » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:46 pm

Well you can report the racing results Dog, But I want to tell everyone the Cruising Results! Great People, Great Food, Great Sailing, Great Time!! I am sure I can speak for everyone when I say, Thanks for you and Sara's Hospitality and the hard work you and all the racing staff did to make it such a success.

John Ebell
John Ebell

Return to Regatta Stuff