Charleston 2005 pics on Snapfish.com

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Charleston 2005 pics on Snapfish.com

Postby s vernon » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:44 pm

I uploaded several images from the last race at Charleston 2005. They are on

http://www.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/ ... _=41256881

You will have to log in to view them. Sorry. A couple of them, 000 and 010 loaded out of place.

This race was the windiest of the regatta. It was not quite like some of past Charleston races which have had images posted - some excellant shots of the 2003 ECCC have been posted before on a class site - but it was a breezy race with everyone except the runaway race winner, Joe W, using A rigs.

I suppose I will try add 4 of the old Charleston high wind images as well.

Edited: I have changed the link/url (?) to the correct one. Thank you Michael.

Scott
s vernon

Postby Capt. Flak » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:15 pm

Scott,

How am I supposed to look at the photos in Snapfish? I have an account with them, but if your photos are not shared, I can't get to them. Nobody else can either.

Thanks

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby s vernon » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:43 pm

Joe,

Sorry. I feel pretty dumb at this point. When you look at the Snapfish site it seems like you can only share photos by emailing people thru that site. Do you know how to share albums with "everyone"?

A guy on Chad's discussion group posted the Snapfish address of his US1M construction album and I could see his after I created an account.

I emailed myself to share mine with me and the web address of my album has one fewer set of numbers than his.

Scott
s vernon

Postby s vernon » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:34 pm

If I were smart I would just ask Frank to try this so I am not embarrassed, but I'll just say maybe this will work, to take you to the Charleston 2005 album on Snapfish. Hope so.

http://www.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/ ... _=41256881

Scott
s vernon

Postby MichaelJ2K » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:59 pm

Nice photos Scott, there's plenty of action. Did anyone use B or C rigs with the winds?
MichaelJ2K

Postby s vernon » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:40 am

Michael,

Thank you. Joe Walter's easiest option for the last race was to put up his B. Our otherwise strict RD gave him time to rerig. No one else took that time to change rigs. It turned out to be a great move. He easily won the last race. The second image is of him and John B rigging Joe's boat before that race. His A came down about 3 feet before the finish of the second to last race in not hard wind. Strange happening and a tough break.

Scott
s vernon

Postby kahle67 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:25 pm

I have tons of great photos from the 2005 Wisteria Cup Regatta and the dinner party. I guess I e-mailed them to the wrong place because they never got posted with the results and report.

Reichard Kahle
Charleston, SC
kahle67

Return to Regatta Stuff