Jacksonville Regatta- R7RCR

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Jacksonville Regatta- R7RCR

Postby Capt. Flak » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:08 am

Jacksonville Regatta, April 28-29, 2018

The Notice of Race has been posted on the Florida site here: http://www.floridaec12.com/Jax_NOR_2018.pdf

The online Entry is: https://form.jotform.com/80574778014967

I have secured a room block of 20 rooms at $109 per night. The hotel has been undergoing renovations and all the rooms are now brand new. However, the first floor is still under construction and will not be done in time for our regatta. So this year, there will be no indoor storage for boats and there will be no free breakfast at the hotel. We will provide the usual donuts, coffee and fruit at the lake.

I look forward to seeing a large turnout for the final regatta of the Florida series. Don't forget that it will also be the Annual Meeting of the Florida EC12 Association after sailing on Saturday.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Re: Jacksonville Regatta

Postby Capt. Flak » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:51 am

Entered as of 4/20/18

1 Rober Greer
2 Chuck Millican
3 Jim Rutherford
4 Calvin Obara
5 John Goldsworthy
6 George Balaschak
7 Frank Ligon
8 Tom Linville
9 Dave Pulling
10 Dennis Headberg
11 Alan Perkins
12 Liz Perkins
13 Dave Linville
14 Mike Kline
15 Jon Luscomb
16 Jim Kaighin
17 Tom Phillips
18 Gerhard Kelter, Jr.
19 Scott Vernon

Probable/Hopefull
Reichard Kahle
Ricky Gerry

Don't forget this is also the Annual Meeting of the Florida EC12 Association.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Re: Jacksonville Regatta- R7RCR

Postby Capt. Flak » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:57 pm

Entries are starting to come in. Follow the list above to see who is coming.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:28 am

One month away now for the Jacksonville Regatta. It is time for you all to get your entries in. This is also the Annual Meeting of the Florida EC12 Association, which is your opportunity to voice your ideas and concerns and help keep the association going strong.

PLEASE, remember that this year the hotel is not 100%. As you know, it has been undergoing total restoration. All the upper floors have been completed with all new rooms, carpeting etc. However, the first floor is gutted right now. The lobby is in a temporary location as they remodel the floor. We will not be able to store boats and gear inside the building this year. I know that is one of the things that makes this venue so attractive, but it is only for this year. (We hope).

The JMYC has built two brand new docks at the hotel. They are bigger and stronger and will make launching and retrieving much safer and quicker.

Keep checking on the entry list above as I get in new entries.

See you at the lake.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:33 pm

Let's go people. I need to know who and how many are coming so I can plan. Get your entries in now and be sure to book your hotel room. Ask for the Jacksonville Model Yacht Club block to get the $109 rate.

Their number is 904-940-9500.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby georgeb2200 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:32 pm

The clock keeps ticking and it is only 19 days to the final regatta of the Florida EC-12 2017-2018 season. Please sign up now to help the RD plan for the event.

The Annual meeting of the Florida East Coast Association will be held after the racing on Saturday a at 5:00. It should be a short, less than one hour, meeting to elect officers and address any issues or ideas the members have.Please let me know of any items you would like to have on the agenda. So far I have one idea from Alan Perkins regarding throw-outs.

George Balaschak georgeb@tlccar.com
georgeb2200

Postby Capt. Flak » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:37 am

Three weekends left people. Let's get those entries in for the final regatta of the Florida Season.

The online Entry is: https://form.jotform.com/80574778014967

Look on the post above to see who is coming.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby dplin2001 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:20 pm

I'm bringing a couple kegs of beer !!!!
Dave
dplin2001

Postby bigfoot55 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:48 am

Brewhouse Boatyard Brews the BEST Brews. That alone is worth coming for. Very crafty fellow.
Tom Phillips
St Augustine, FL
bigfoot55

Postby Capt. Flak » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:09 am

Just two weeks away from the Jacksonville Regatta. I am waiting a few I know are planning to come but have not submitted their entries yet.

If you think you have submitted, please check the list at the top of the post to see if you are on the list.

I am sorry about the construction at the hotel this year, but hopefully we will all have much nicer rooms to sleep in now and next year the lobby and restaurant and bar will be all finished and brand new.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby dplin2001 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:07 pm

As far as I know Scott Vernon is riding with us, so he should be coming.
Dave
dplin2001

Postby bigfoot55 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:13 pm

This is the Region 7 Championship. Boats must have a valid and up to date Measurement Certificate.
IF YOU HAVE A BOAT THAT HAS NOT BEEN MEASURED, or needs to be updated PLEASE DO IT BEFORE YOU COME.

If you need to have it measured here, CONTACT ME TO DO IT AT THE LAKE LATE FRIDAY AFTERNOON.
I have one expected.

Tom Phillips
904-806-4056
wigwam(AT)bellsouth.net
Tom Phillips
St Augustine, FL
bigfoot55

Postby Capt. Flak » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:23 am

19 boats and counting. The Greers and Luscombs are planning a Happy Hour BYOB in their suite before dinner and I guess right after the Annual Meeting. I heard a rumor that Dave Linville is bringing some of his Brewhouse Boatworks beer.

There is one week to go and still plenty of room for more skippers.

On a sad note, I am sorry to say that due to the construction on the first floor of the hotel, we have had to rent a Port-O-Let for your convenience while at the lake. You can always use the bathroom in your hotel room, but the trip to the elevator and back is going to be pretty long.

Sorry again about the construction, but we are going to have a very nice hotel for future regattas when it is all done.

See you at the lake.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:14 pm

Sorry I did not post scores on Saturday night. Things were just moving fast with all the stuff we had to do along with the Florida Annual Meeting and Happy Hour and then dinner.

A full report will be coming shortly. The weather was just about as good as it gets and the wind was all over the place, but still made for some great racing. Before I tell you the results, I need to thank my team who helped put this event on and it started a month or so ago with the building of the two new docks. Martin Gray, Bill Wells, John Bottensek and Tom Phillips did most of the heavy lifting and construction of the docks. Brian Ladouceur supported the effort with a contribution of non-skid tape. Then came the hard work at the regatta. I need to thank Jim Pardee for running the start line, Brenda Pardee for keeping score, Robbie Susan was on the finish line with me and kept me straight on the sail numbers, Bill Wells came to support with the gear and marks, Baron Bremer was so supportive with just about anything I needed from rescuing boats, setting up courses and handing out clothes pins, Tom Phillips served up breakfast each day, and Frank Ligon took care of the wonderful prizes for the top four. The Greers and Luscombs need to be thanks as well for hosting a great happy hour in their suite and what more can I say about Karen Luscomb who is always there to support the class. Brenda Pardee presented her with a special Thank You from the Florida Association in the awards presentation. Finally, I need to thank Ken Morrison for coming to be Judge. He did not hear any protests, but he answered a lot of rules questions. And thanks again to Brian Ladouceur for letting Ken stay at his home for the weekend.

All of these people are what make these events special and without them, there would simply be no regatta. Keep that in mind at all the regattas you attend, and from time to time, step up and offer your help and pass on sailing that one weekend. It is worth it.

Now for the scores.

1. Alan Perkins 36 Alan also won the Florida Championship for his 6th time along with the Region 7 Championship.
2. Chuck Millican 50
3. Gerhard Kelter 54.8
4. Jon Luscomb 63
5. David Linville 65
6. Jim Kaighin 77
7. George Balaschak 84
8. Robert Greer 93
9. Jim Rutherford 95
10. Scott Vernon 102
11. Martin Van Wolfswinkel 121
12. Tom Phillips 122
13. Calvin Obara 142 Calvin was elected our new Vice Chairman of the Florida Association
14. John Goldsworthy 143
15. Liz Perkins 164
16. Tom Linville 173
17. Dennis Headberg 190
18. Michael Kline 193
19. David Pulling 212
20, Frank Ligon 218
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:17 pm

Check out the Drone footage by Michael Randazzo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=y ... pp=desktop
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Next

Return to Regatta Stuff