2018 Champions Regatta

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Re: 2018 Champions Regatta

Postby Capt. Flak » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:40 pm

Just got home from a very long drive from Charleston due to huge traffic delays. Hats off to Dave Ramos on his win and to Danny Thomas for second and a really well sailed race by Alex Ramos to take third.

I want to thank Reichard Kahle for all his local support and dinghy duties. Also a big thanks to Bill Coates, Mervin Jones for local support with lunches and breakfast and setting the marks.
A big thank you goes to Liz Perkins for doing the scores both days. To Ann Gates for score keeping on Saturday. We missed you on Sunday and sorry Skip had to pack up early due to damage.
Judy Bonanno took a couple thousand photos and we will do our best to post them very soon. Thank you as well to Mike and Jackie Perkins who came to help keep score but had to make an emergency trip back to England to care for a family member. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Everyone sailed well in difficult conditions. I was very pleased with the sportsmanship from everyone. We do still need to work a little harder on keeping that good spirit we start with at the beginning of the day as we get to the end of the day. We sailed 21 races and several people got bullets, including my favorite Tilghman Islander, Dave Branning.

I will do a full report in the next day or so. I hope everyone makes it home safe.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby greerdr » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:33 pm

Great job running the regatta.
I hope I speak for everyone when I say it was a great time with a lot of very close sailing and challenging (washing machine) conditions.
R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby daramos » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:06 pm

Thanks to everyone the worked so hard to put this together. Charleston Champions regatta is so much fun and the tight sailing and getting together with good friends makes it the regatta I look fwd to the most. This year was no exception and Joe you did a fantastic job. Thank you!

Some amaizing battles took place this year with a slight dip the wrong way thinking the wind was doing one thing and Mother Nature having a huge laugh when in fact it was not.....Opps there went one to three boats!!!
But that is what makes Champions so much fun. Small fleet, lots of great skippers, tons of sailing and you need to be on your game from the first to the last race.

Hope to see you all next year in Charleston. I’m already looking fwd to it.

Dave
David Ramos
Chesapeake Performance Models
http://www.rcyachts.com

daramos

Postby The OZ » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:23 pm

Any results for Champions yet> Dick
The OZ

Postby Capt. Flak » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:33 am

Sorry for the delay. Here are the final results with a link to Judy Bonanno's great photos. The report will be in the Class Newsletter coming your way today.

Final Results
Skipper Points

1 Dave Ramos 44
2 Danny Thomas 68
3 Alex Ramos 80
4 Reichard Kalhe 86
5 Alan Perkins 93
6 Jon Luscomb 96
7 Gerry Cobley 120
8 Robert Greer 131
9 Chuck Millican 145
10 David Linville 161