ec12/iec12

Chat regarding International EC12 operations, country organizations, event gathering and proposed alliances.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Postby kahle67 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:33 am

<b></b>If everyone quits feeding the Troll, maybe it will go away.

<b></b>signed,

another stupid yank
kahle67

Postby Stephen Crewes » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:47 pm

Kahle, well, have we got down to name calling? I would have thought it beneath you but then again. You could have said "Its not true"? or a least justified it by saying you wanted to do something with this class because of something or other.

Do you think this is one's life's work? That pointing out some GROSS abnormalties in EC12s is fun. For it does not put one boat on the water. This is the sad fact and the sadder fact is as Doug said, was that "the Dumas boat was Non Registable" OH dear, (for out of the mouth of babes), the awful truth emerges.
Thanks kahle, I enjoyed your er , er, discussion?? I'm having probs with the heat in the kitchen. So you carry on without me. I'll just sit over in the corner and try to be a good (silent)Troll...ey jack.
Stephen Crewes

Postby Nautic12 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:45 pm

kahle67,if you do not like the music you have a choice its called
a on/off button,i would have to go back many a year to the school
play ground to remember trying to win a discussion by name calling.
i for one have learnt quite a lot from these answers.mind education
is not for every one !
tosh
Proud Kiwi
Nautic12

Postby kahle67 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:37 pm

Tresure,

The movers and shakers of this class in the US are busting their butts to preserve the standard hull that we have today in order to prevent the variances of the past. It seems to me that you are being critical of their efforts. Maybe it is your forwardness and writing style, just seems a little offensive. I will go to my corner as well and take a time out for my previous post.

Reichard
kahle67

Postby kahle67 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:42 pm

And by the way, I did appologize to Treasure in a private message. It was not to be a "sticks and stones" name calling post but rather a smart ass comment provoked by his accusations of us yanks screwing up a one design class and still doing so today. Or at least it sounds that way. You are right, Tosh. I am searching for the switch.

Computers are the work of the Devil.

1767 Out!
kahle67

Postby Stephen Crewes » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:51 am

What would anbody call it if somebody was 'Trueing up the arc of the rudder' My treasure Tooling boat hasn't got an arc behind the keel and neither has Doug's Dumas hull. As for the dimple in the hull(on the port side) I haven't got one of those either and neither has Doug's.

I don't have to accuse anyone of doing anything, for you guys have just admitted doing it. Are you saying we're changing it but trust us we're not changing it really, only a little though.

This is where it all began by changing it only a little here , a little there till 28 years down the track , you're the only ones sailing your 'Home Brand EC12". But don't let anyone say anything, because you're Puritant, not only in name but nature. There is a expletive that as an Aussie I would like to say here (x)... but can't. There might be ladies present. (Just read expletive on X). Do we get the English , the Canadians, the New Zealanders , The Aussies or the ones from Swaziland (if they have any) changing the basic hull & rules? And Guys change is changing anything including dimples and trueing arcs and Barndoor rudders.

Yeah , Yeah back to being a (silent)trolley Jack.
Stephen Crewes

Postby Larry Ludwig » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:20 am

Hey Treasure,

I see miles of rhetoric, so what's your point? I'll give <b>you </b> a few.

#1 Beating your yap about past hulls is not going to change them.

#2 International competition sounds great, but how about a good example... the upcoming IOM Worlds. For me to attend, would be no less than $4,000.00 USD. Now... maybe you have that kind of scratch + time + willingness to sit on a 777 for 14 hours and then for 10 days (that is correct TEN) of racing down under... but I just don't see that much traffic for it. No doubt, they will get their share, and good for them, but I don't see it happening <u>here</u>.

#3 I hear you blowing a lot of gas about everything that is wrong.. but I don't hear nearly as much constructive help, or supporting answers. (that have validity)

#4 You have repeated your complaints many posts ago... so do us all a favor and move on. ALL of your criticisms are duly noted, there is no further need for you to point out the short comings of the last 30 years that this class has been in existance, and mainted the status as the largest One Design racing class in the world.

#5 The Class, as a patient, has an illness. The proceedure to remedy that problem has been prescribed, and the solution is being put into effect. It happened over time, no one person is to blame, deal with it.

It is not what we would have wished for, but someone had to make the decision. It was a difficult decision to make, and we are going to have to work through it, so that everything that happens from this point forward.. moves the class FORWARD.

#6. You are correct.. .it is OUR class... it started here, WE sail it, and we developed it, WE were not 100% correct in the administration, and consequently.. WE are fixing it. Not just words, banged out on keyboard from afar... but decisions being made that have excluded some boats, and money being spent (<u>I am a supplier</u>, and *I* will be paying for my new mold and it is the CORRECT decision) and the class will go foward.

#7 If you can afford to travel halfway around the world to race an R/C Sailboat.. then you can afford a new hull.

Look at the bright side, your get to use your rig, winch, and radio.

Have a Nice Day
Larry Ludwig

Postby Stephen Crewes » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:10 am

Yes Larry , how true and may I say well done, for this is whats needed a bit of clear thinking. I was having problems about this subject but you came through with flying colours. Yes there was a prob and yes your attending with them.

The IOM. Well that is something else, Shipmate. We though all you American's were millionaires? And Yes Larry I have already spent 14 hours travelling to the States for a regatta at SFMYC and four days later, hoping a jet to Boston to do another regatta at Marblehead... for fun. My wife and I considered it a priviledge to be able to meet all of you and yes we liked it and we consider you friends and allies. But mate this World is not a ONE WAY street. That we will get you again, on the next pass around the World. And Just incase you have a question forming , I may even have the answer to it? Yes we will be trying to have international regattas with our neigbours. I believe there are some Aussies sailing in Auckland(NZ) this week in IOM. Yes Larry, friends and Allies can have a priviledge position with us for the IOM. But you have to turn up to get that priviledge. We have an American sailing Ms at our club as we speak, from California. And yes we all feel honoured to have him here and yes he fits in very well and he is a superb sailor.

One of the big questions seems to be about EC12s. Is about lugging a 25 lb boat around. Don't lug a boat, just take your sails and borrow a hull when you get there.
Stephen Crewes

Postby Nautic12 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:06 am

what this about a Dimple ? how did Dennis Connors get into the
discussion ????
Nautic12

Postby Capt. Flak » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:17 pm

This has all been so entertaining. It is without a doubt the longest chain this site will ever see. It has hit just about every button of human emotion, from joy to anger and everything in between. I guess it just shows how passionate we all are about this class no matter where we are in the World.

The truth is that there is a very small percentage of us (and I am not one of them) who can afford to travel half way around the globe with 45 pounds of boat and gear in tow for a few days of sailing.

Might I suggest that we keep doing what has worked best for all of us in our own lands and not worry so much about the IEC12.

Then when any of you All Blacks, Wallabies, or Lions are in Eagle terratory, we will do our best to get you a boat to borrow and sail with us. And when one or more of us Yanks cross the pond, maybe you could have a club boat waiting for us to join you at the water's edge.

But not the French, ok! [:(!]

Cheers!

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby Nautic12 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:53 pm

acording to scientist,s it is impossible for the honey bee to
fly,they have yet to tell the honey bee.The New Zealand national
emblem is the KIWI,a flightless bird has a long beak,and lives mostly
in the dark,yet us Kiwi,s fly every place there is,keep our noses
out of other peoples biz,and are the first country in the world to see the new day.The aussie,s have the kangaroo(or is it the troll ?)
who likes to keep his kids out in front so he can see them.The Brits
have a lion(on long time loan to MGM)The Eagle a large flesh eating
bird having sharp vision and powerfull wing,s.
its nice to know after following this chain the Eagle stll has powerfull wings,[8D]and after several years of blurred vision[;)]the sight is returning to normal.
As a matter of interest Sailing New Zealand offers $ help to those
competing Internationly whats the position in the US ?
may i respectfully submit my application for promotion to the powers on high for providing hours of entertainment to the good folk at EC12
good sailing& keep up the eye tests
tosh[:I][:I][:I][:I][:I]
Nautic12

Postby Nautic12 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:14 pm

capt flac,i thought the french built and donated your statue
of liberty,give you french fries ect tut,tut[B)][:D][:D][:D]
Nautic12

Postby Stephen Crewes » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:17 pm

Tosh , If I jump' a Wallaby through New Zealand on the way to usa, will I be included in the Dollar deal?
Stephen Crewes

Postby Capt. Flak » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:30 pm

I guess my rugby reference was too subtle. This whole chain reminds me of an endless scrum where the ball has been put in, but nobody has struck for it.

Let's all have a pint and end this chain.[:)]

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby Doug Wotring » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:30 pm

I thought I read or ssaw somewhere recently in some obscure book that the Statue of Liberty was built and designed as a monument to be placed at the Head of the Suez Canal and it was only after some other happenings that it was gifted to the United States.

If I recall correctly it was a reputable source
Doug Wotring

PreviousNext

Return to EC12 - International Chat