2015 Nationals, St. Augustine FL

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Re: 2015 Nationals, St. Augustine FL

Postby Capt. Flak » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:04 pm

The go-karts do sound like fun, but talk of wild driving and danger makes me nervous. Perhaps you should all wait until Sunday to go race karts, just so nobody has to try and sail with a cast. LOL

The list is now up to 37. Still waiting on a few more and hopefully a bunch more. Just FOUR DAYS left in the entry deadline.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby greerdr » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:05 pm

Oh Mom !
R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby Capt. Flak » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:35 pm

I got Chuck's brother registered. Now where is Chuck?

Three more days to deadline. Come on people we need to be over 40 boats for this regatta. It's the National Championship for goodness sake.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:10 pm

39 boats.
Still missing some regulars and a few newcomers that I thought would want to give it a go.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:31 pm

Change of pace today, Tom Phillips and I spent the day tag-teaming RD duties for the RG65 Dragon Force and Micro Magic regattas at our St. Augustine Hotel venue. Just one fleet for both classes and we would sail 2 heats for one and then 2 heats for the other. A total of 20 heats (10 each class) were sailed in everything from next to no wind to over 10 kts. Tomorrow the forecast is for very high winds with up to 30 kt gusts. They tell me the Dragon Forces, love the heavy stuff and don't have B-rigs. These were a great group of skippers and many of them were sailing both classes, which meant they never sat down except at lunch. Looking forward to finishing out the regatta with them tomorrow. Some of them you will get to race with at Nationals.

It was also great to meet the Huntsville, Alabama group which included AMYA Vice President Ron Stephanz. Great guy and pretty darn good skipper too.

When I got home I had two more entries waiting for me, which brings us up to 41 entries with at least two more that I know are coming. I am excited about the turnout, but we can handle more. If you need an extra couple of days to make your plans, drop me an email and I will consider extending the deadline a little.

Here is the link again to Who's Coming. http://www.ec12.org/2015NCR/Who.html
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:35 pm

Well we finished up the Dragon Force and Micro Magic double regattas today at the St. Augustine Hotel lake. The forecast winds were a little late, but they did get to us. The B-rigs came out and then the C-rigs and still it was too much. The wind was blowing most of the MMs on their sides and backwards. The waves on the lake were almost as high as a Micro Magic is long. Still they wanted to sail. AMYA VP, Ron Stephanz, had the perfect rig for the wind and sailed the course with ease, but most everyone else could barely make the first mark, let alone two full laps. With 3 of the 8 boats on the shore and two others not making any headway at all, we ended the regatta. Our chase boat could hardly motor against the wind while I pulled our marks. Quite a day. I am hoping for good winds for all of you next month, but I don't think any of you will want the 20 plus knots we had today.

While I was at the lake, five new entries for the NCR came in. This brings us up to 46 skippers and I think it is the first time we will have three ladies competing for the National Championship.

The entry period is officially closed at midnight tonight, but like I said, if you want to sail and just need to finalize your plans, send me an email to let me know and I will pencil you in.

Please check the Who's Coming list http://www.ec12.org/2015NCR/Who.html to make sure you are on the list. If you don't see your name and you tried to register online or mailed your registration, it means I have not received it. Email me to let me know. I know that Norman Watkins' entry is in the mail.

Over the next few days I will be organizing the entries and building an email list for all of you so I can send out updates prior to the regatta.

I hope you have all made plans to stay in the hotel at the venue. You can store your boats, fully rigged, in the great room with double doors opening right onto the patio deck overlooking the lake.

Also remember that every skipper entered MUST be a current AMYA member or member of their national organization. If your membership is not current, please renew it now. AND, all boats must have a measurement certificate to present at sign in. If you need to have your boat measured at the NCR, you need to make an appointment with us for Wednesday, November 11. We will not measure boats on Thursday morning.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:54 pm

Correction already. Skip Hall just emailed me to tell me he did not see his name on the list. That was my error. I have corrected the list to show Skip in the order received. 47 boats people. Not a record but still pretty darn good. It is not too late to enter. Four more hours to go.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:52 am

48 boats!!!!!!
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby steve h » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:26 am

Unfortunately, Joe, I wont be able to make it. I've got to be in Lakeland the Sunday-Tuesday before the nats, and I'll have two college kids with me that have to be back in NC at school on Wed Afternoon... No fun for me.

Good luck and safe travels to all attending.

Steve
#1988 and #1858...aka Frank's boat
steve h

Postby Capt. Flak » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:51 pm

Sorry to hear that Steve. You will be missed.

On that note people, we have closed the entry period. I did get one last minute entry from Chuck Ellis in Peachtree City. That brings us to 49 boats. If you still want to sail, you better have one real good reason for missing the deadline.

The list of entries has been updated on the Who's Coming page of the site. I will be posting the Seeding Fleet list soon. I will be sending out an email to all of you with information and updates in soon as well.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:27 am

I got one more entry by mail for Don Thompson from the Villages. I am also waiting on Norman Watkins entry in the mail, but I already know he is coming.

I have removed the On-line form from the site. The final planning work has begun. Look for updates here and in emails soon.

DON"T FORGET TO HAVE YOUR BOAT MEASURED. YOU MUST PRESENT YOUR CERTIFICATE AT SIGN IN. ALSO, YOU MUST BE A CURRENT AMYA MEMBER. PLEASE RENEW NOW IF YOU ARE NOT CURRENT.

We will measure boats on Wednesday by appointment only. You must request the appointment a week before the NCR and you must be there on Wednesday. We will not measure any boats the day of the regatta.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:04 pm

Proving that I can be a pushover, I have accepted the late entry of Bill Ewing and have reserved one last spot for a possible 52nd entry, which I expect confirmation by tomorrow. At this point, any more late entries will have to go on a waiting list.

52 boats is three fleets with 20 boats on the line in each fleet. This is huge people.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:54 am

Just got word that Pfast Pfreddy Pfeil can't make it now. Real sorry to hear that. I hope we don't have any more drop outs. 50 boats is still a great turnout.

That will be 20 boats on the line for A-fleet and 19 boats on the line for both B- and C-fleets.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:56 pm

The three seeding fleets have been posted to the NCR site on the Who's Coming page. See if you can see who finally was able to confirm their entry.

http://www.ec12.org/2015NCR/Who.html
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Dave_Branning » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:08 am

Ahh, the famed Luscomb brothers....never sailed with both in the same event. Terrific. [8D]
Dave
EC12
Grace
Dave_Branning

PreviousNext

Return to Regatta Stuff