Villages Regatta

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Villages Regatta

Postby Albert Stall » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:31 am

I would like to get my first experience at a
regatta and have chosen the one at the Villages in Nov. mainly because it's close to home.

Are there any restrictions? If not, I can't seem to find anyplace to register.

Am I looking in the wrong places or is it too early?

Thanks,

Al Stall

Al Stall
Albert Stall

Postby Capt. Flak » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:53 am

Al,

The NOR for the Villages regatta will be posted soon. This event will be the Region 3 Championship. The only restriction is that you must be a member of AMYA and have a class legal boat that is registered.

Because it is a regional event, all boat registration will be confirmed and some level of measuring will be conducted prior to racing. Boats that have been measured before at other regional or national regattas might not be checked, but new boats or unknown boats will be looked at for sure. We will probably have a survey form with the NOR to make the measuring process go faster.

The regatta will be run using the EORS or Promotion & Relegation format. We are expecting a lot of boats.

For all other Florida EC-12 Association regattas, AMYA membership is required and if you want your scores to be counted towards the Florida Championship or if you are going to sail in more than just one regatta, you need to join the Florida EC-12 Association. More info can be found at www.floridaec12.com

Joe Walter,
Chairman

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby Albert Stall » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:09 am

Joe,

Thanks for your prompt response. I want to attend this particular regatta since it is my first experience and close to home. I look forward to being with the "big boys" and learning from them.

I'm going to try and have one of the PBGYC members check my boat- I don't want to go to the regatta and find it doesn't meet the class requirements.

I will await the posting and look forward to an enlightening time.

I filled out your PDF application and it's in the mail today.

Thanks,

Al Stall

Al,

The NOR for the Villages regatta will be posted soon. This event will be the Region 3 Championship. The only restriction is that you must be a member of AMYA and have a class legal boat that is registered.

Because it is a regional event, all boat registration will be confirmed and some level of measuring will be conducted prior to racing. Boats that have been measured before at other regional or national regattas might not be checked, but new boats or unknown boats will be looked at for sure. We will probably have a survey form with the NOR to make the measuring process go faster.

The regatta will be run using the EORS or Promotion & Relegation format. We are expecting a lot of boats.

For all other Florida EC-12 Association regattas, AMYA membership is required and if you want your scores to be counted towards the Florida Championship or if you are going to sail in more than just one regatta, you need to join the Florida EC-12 Association. More info can be found at www.floridaec12.com

Joe Walter,
Chairman

Joe Walter #24
[/quote]

Al Stall
Albert Stall

Return to Regatta Stuff