Stowe

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Stowe

Postby Rick West » Wed May 21, 2008 9:06 pm

The Green Mountain is about two weeks away. We stay at the Commodores Inn and hosted by the owner Bruce Nourjian, EC12 #800. He provides everything including a 50 foot stroll from the breakfast table to the edge of the pond to a conference room to store your fully rigged boat or sleep with your boat if you consider bonding. I did that once and talked to her till I fell asleep. The result the next day was that she is a her. We get the lowest rate to anyone.

Stowe is a winter resort town and food is great everywhere, Ben and Jerry's original plant is down the street (Rt.100) and the people are...well, Vermont.

35 minutes north is Burlington on Lake Champlain and the city park docks for a venue that has bid for the 2009 NCR.

Charlie Berry (no EC12) and George Dean #829 are the Honchos at the pond, have a weird PR system that I do not understand and have been doing this for years. My first was 2000 at the NCR there.

The Green Mountain is like Century Cup, Wisteria Cup and Liberty Bell...you have to go because of the people that will be there. The National Champion will be there and national top tens from R1 and R2. I will be there to keep the fleet honest. You need to be there to know what this event means whether 5th or last.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby greerdr » Wed May 21, 2008 11:35 pm

HEY! Don't forget Region 3 is also there;though I'm not ranked as highly as the other guys i am hoping to play.It is surely one of the best venues to sail in the USA.Hope to see many of the crew there.

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby Doug Wotring » Thu May 22, 2008 2:22 am

so who all is on the who's who list
Doug Wotring

Postby Chuck Luscomb » Fri May 23, 2008 12:41 am

Sent a note to Charlie yesterday and he indicated that they have 17 registered so far. His computer was down but he said he would send me the list of entries when he could. We had 25 boats last year.

My best guess of who will be there would include...

Dave Brawner
Rick West
Doug Wotring
Phil Tonks
Bruce Walton
Bob Greer
Kevin McLellan
Rob Larson
Mark O'Connor
Ken Shaw
Paul Fixx
Jake Leo
Al Dion
Larry Mazoway
Chuck Luscomb
Brian Jobson
Bruce Nourjian
Jim Linville
Jarl Wathne
Ivor Walton
Dave Van Cleef (boat under construction)
Chuck Luscomb

Postby greerdr » Fri May 23, 2008 9:49 pm

And a finer fleet of sailors you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere! Looking forward to seeing y'all soon.

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby tharmer » Fri May 23, 2008 10:52 pm

I'm envious. We sail once a month and 4 ec's turn up. Sigh....

-terry
tharmer

Postby DBrawner » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:14 pm

I wonder if we could convince the Stowe guys to make this a week long event next year. Or, at least tell my family that. Hmmmm...it may take 5 days to tune the boat.

DB
DBrawner

Postby Rick West » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:47 pm

Lisa will never buy it but you could bring her along. I just talked with a guy in the IOM Class that would like to see 5-day national events with multi-racing classes involved. He was not a quack.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby DBrawner » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:05 pm

Is he a divorce attorney?
DBrawner

Postby Rick West » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:24 pm

Ummm...he is a lawyer but first things first...we do not have such events and not likely for a while. We need a house then the deck...remember?

Friday rules at three on the lake!!!

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby Chuck Luscomb » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:42 pm

Ask him if he will offer volume discounts...

It looks like I will be making it to Stowe after all. Dave Van Cleef will not be going.

See you there...

Chuck
Chuck Luscomb

Postby greerdr » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:54 pm

Isn't the Mystic Seaport event getting close to a week-long event? My registration is mailed and my wife IS comming.

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby fvracer1 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:15 pm

Seen paddling in the lake at Camp Dearborn "Quack Quack" Vella, who got hoodwinked into hosting the IOM Nationals at Camp Dearborn 3 weeks after Showdown..... What's up Doc!

On a serious note, my friend Ole Kistler got some scary news and will be scheduled to see a surgeon at the Univ Of Mich. He and his wife are a little scared. Keep him in your prayers.

"When the cannon fires, harden up, tack or get out of my way"
fvracer1

Postby Rick West » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:25 pm

Stowe Results:
Doc Greer will be posting a link to photos and one will be of the score board. This will be probably tonight.

David Brawner in a runaway, Bruce Nourjian, Bruce Walton were the top three and not sure how it went after that. After Brawner the scoring for the top ten was very close. New England was very strong in the event and for once the majority of the entries and very competitive.

Gary Mueller came from Wisconsin, Rob Hill from Chicago, Greer from Florida, Brawner from NJ and me. There were three new members from the Region 1 in their first class event, Eric Gentle, Mark Fleckenstein and Tim Stone.

What was the sailing like....Stowe... all the way and did we care.....nope.

We love it there and 24 met the bell in two fleets.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby greerdr » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:03 pm

Air travel is becomming ever more interesting.I finally arrived PBI this AM at 0415 hrs. Over 12 hours in transit from Stowe to Home!
I really appreciate the great group I always sail with in New England;you guys are SUPER.
Thanks to anyone I could hang a camera around their neck here are some photos of The Green Mountain Regatta.
http://picasaweb.google.com/greerdr/GreenMountain08
Hit the "slideshow"feature along the top for full screen.

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Next

Return to Regatta Stuff