alternate channels

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

alternate channels

Postby Doug Wotring » Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:33 pm

There are a few of us in the club using the same model radio.

between the 4 of us how many extra channels do you think we should have on hand as a group if all of us are attending a regatta.

Thanks
Doug
Doug Wotring

Postby Frank Angel » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:42 pm

<font face="Arial">Hi Doug,
I'd recommend that each of your group acquire at least one addition crystal sets. Two would be even better. If you'd like to see the frequency chart for the 2002 Nationals, I'd be happy to send you the excel file.
If you're planning on going to the 2004 Nationals, you'll be sailing with guys from all over the country and you'll need as many alternate frequencies as possible. The last thing you want to do is wind up sharing a frequency. In all probability the P/R system will be used which means that guys sharing will need to change every time they end up in the same fleet. That's when the pins on the crystal seem to break off in the receivers.
Regards,
Frank [:)] </font id="Arial">
Frank Angel

Postby MichaelJ2K » Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:59 pm

I bit the bullet and acquired several rf decks and matched receivers for my Nautical Commander. I find it easier (and safer!) to swap stuff out. Like a NASCAR pit stop on the yellow flag, go like hell to change stuff out.[8]
MichaelJ2K

Postby dictater » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:17 am

If you can afford to do it five is the lucky number to have per person. RD's just love the flexablity that you create will so many options. However most regattas only require three.[^]
dictater

Return to Regatta Stuff