Class Rankings

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Class Rankings

Postby skip241 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:03 pm

Rick, would you state early on how class rankings will be determined and if these rankings will be visible to the class leading up to the selections being made for the regatta?

In other words, do I have to beat David, Jarl, Mark, Reichard, John B, Baron, Jack, Scott, Gerry, Brett, Bob, Danny, Rick G, Joe, Gerhardt and a host of others in a few regattas or many regattas this season, next season or both.

Let's understand the rules from the beginning.

Thanks.

Skip [:D]
skip241

Postby Rick West » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:31 pm

Skip, there has been little said about this but it was used at the 07 NCR and in the end all came.

I have been tracking "place positions" on all that enter events on the National Schedule for three years for now with the thought that we would need. It is not public because it is not diplomatically polite but blunt statisics. You do not have to beat anyone and the reason for not posting.

The ranking list is for a running one year record and requires three participations for one to have a considering ranking. This follows the theme we have had that those that are at the top of our class in racing that should have preference to attend major evcents. Not all do.

I will outline it either in EC12Net or the class site in the near future.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby skip241 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:57 am

Rick,

After doing some thinking about this, please forget I posted this entire subject. Once again I was reacting before thinking. Something I do on the race course too often. If the good Lord wants me to be at the World's, it will happen via good performances at regattas this year and next. If he wants me to do something else, then my performances at future regatta's will illustrate that also.

Thanks for the time.

Have a great day!

Skip [:D]
skip241

Return to Regatta Stuff