Nor Easter Update

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Nor Easter Update

Postby Chuck Luscomb » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:54 pm

For those people who plan to attend the Region 1 Championships in RI on May 3rd and 4th, we have a change to the available Hotels listed on our NOR. Motel 6 has recently opened a Hotel in the area and the rates are very good. I just reserved a room and it was $54/night. The NOR will be changed but I wanted to alert those who may have already booked a room someplace else.

Hope to see you there,

Chuck Luscomb
Chuck Luscomb

Postby Doug Wotring » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:07 pm

Chuck et al

you might want to call and reserve a block of rooms.....at group rate.

you will generally beat the lowest rate they have by at least 10% which is nice for those coming to your event.

the block is normally held with no deposit or credit card info on it up to some point (2-3 weeks prior to the event) which is generally after the registrations need to be in anyway.

you need to generally call the actual hotel to do this.
Doug Wotring

Postby Chuck Luscomb » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:31 pm

Hi Doug,

I made a number of calls to area Hotels. The going rate for this weekend among the hotels that have been around for awhile was between $120-$140/night. The best group rate I got was $109 for Friday and $119 for Saturday.

Motel 6 just opened its doors at this location and must be the reason for the low rate. $54.00 is for three people in our room. That works out to $37.00/person for the weekend.

That is pretty good, don't you think?

Chuck
Chuck Luscomb

Postby Doug Wotring » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:28 pm

definitely a good deal.

you might want to reserve a block of rooms for people at that rate....that waythe rate is secured.

right now I think most people are not planning that far out.

shoot me a PM with your good email address....the one here bounces back to me
Doug Wotring

Postby Chuck Luscomb » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:09 am

Hi Doug,

Tried to shoot you a note but did not hear back from you. I have some questions about your J boat.

my e-mail is chuckluscomb@dpmyc.com

Chuck
Chuck Luscomb

Return to Regatta Stuff