Scoring a regatta

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Scoring a regatta

Postby Test Test » Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:38 pm

Does anyone have a scoring system or spreadsheet program that we can use to score a regatta?
Test Test

Postby Frank Angel » Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:05 pm

Hi Gus,
Personally I've found the a computer at lake side is more trouble that it's worth. We find that a pencil, scoreboard and calculator is all that's needed. However, if you want a spreadsheet that works, you can contact Gerry Cobley of the Dix Hills MYC in Raleigh, NC at gerry@uscobleys.com Tell him that I referred him to you.
[:)]
Frank Angel
Frank Angel

Postby gcobley » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:08 pm

Gus,
I just joined this group, and I do have an excel sheet which is fairly complex as it does throwouts which turns out to be a challenge in excel.

I have a slightly different view to Frank - am I allowed to disagree with an advanced member? ;-) - I would never rely solely on a computer lakeside, but I have found it to be a great way to cross check the poster/whiteboard.

Let me know if you want a copy

Gerry
gcobley
Site Admin

Postby Rob Davis » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:05 am

I too find that the computer is far superior to manual scoring systems. I have a copy of the scoring program used at the IOM Worlds and am happy to share it.

Rob
Rob Davis

Postby Capt. Flak » Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:49 am

We have been using Gerry's Excel sheet for some of our regattas in Florida. Angie Bottensek, our volunteer scorekeeper loves it. I am not married to it, because of the need for power, a laptop, and a printer at the lake.

But, if my volunteer likes it, it is fine with me.

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby cgdm1168 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:26 pm

Hi Gerry,

I've been fighting the throw outs on my own excel spreadsheet,(I'm no excel guru for sure!!!) Any chance I can get a copy???

Thanks
Chris Mortimore
PMYC #100

P.S. Sorry I missed the Regatta, In Texas on Business and now way to get out of it.
cgdm1168

Return to Regatta Stuff