Region 4 regatta, Detroit MYC

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Region 4 regatta, Detroit MYC

Postby fvracer1 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:17 pm

Please mark your calendar for the Region 4 Championship regatta hosted by Ann Arbor MYC. Regatta listed on EC12 race schedule, Details to follow. Race directors: Frank Vella and Kerry Pebbles.

"When the cannon fires, harden up, tack or get out of my way"
fvracer1

Postby bigdog » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:46 pm

Sounds like a good excuse for a road trip to me. How about it Doug, can we take the bus to Ann Arbor?[8D]
Scott
bigdog

Postby bigdog » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:51 pm

Hellllllow Mr. Wotring! I know you're listening.[:D]
Bigdog
bigdog

Postby Doug Wotring » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:10 pm

Perhaps. Need at least 6. I'm working on a trailer as I'm going to need one for the J
Doug Wotring

Postby fvracer1 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:29 am

The Ann Arbor MYC has declined to throw the Region 4 regatta this year! Seems as though the thought of having a regatta on a weekend between club weekends was too much for their board to fathom. To the rescue comes Detroit MYC. We have stepped up and will hold the regatta at our normal club sailing site in Sterling Heights, MI at Joseph Delia Park. Race dates are August 5 and 6 with mandatory tank measurement on the 4th. There will be practice racing on Friday, and yes there is definitly room for Doug's bus. Unfortunatly there is no camping relativly close. Here is web address to the DMYC website where you will soon find a link to download the NOR and entry form.

http://www.orgsites.com/mi/dmyc/

See you guyz soon..... Frank Vella

fvracer1

Postby fvracer1 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:22 pm

<b></b><font size="3"></font id="size3"><font color="blue"></font id="blue"><i></i><b></b>The NOR/Entry is now available as a downloadable link on the DMYC website listed in post above....

fvracer1

Postby Rick West » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:20 pm

Until you read the posting of this event, and it will be an event, you will not have a feel for the professionalism behind it and the emphasis on racing. Two full days of racing with a primer on Friday and part of the full service provided. I was impressed. Many of us have been to scheduled "Two-Day Event." This will be beyond that.

I know this is scheduled one week ahead of the White Rose R2 but it should be on your list for a fun time. I don't want to lessen the importance of their regional but this is one of those times when you have to do a double. I will be at both. Do your Honey-Dues now. I was at Chicago last August for the R4 and had the best time and well worth my trip. This promises to be more of the same.

I will be arriving till about 1300 on Friday. I am coming out of Atlanta Thursday evening for Knoxville with visions of Gold.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby fvracer1 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:09 am

National Champion Mark Rinehart, class secretary Ric West, Jack Wubbe from Florida, Terry Mackey from Minnesota, Garry Mueller from Wisconsin and a bunch of DMYC guys have all enterered the Region 4 championships, Remember we are limiting entries to 36, so don't be left out. Entries at www.DMYC.org

fvracer1

Postby fvracer1 » Fri May 12, 2006 2:31 pm

SO FAR:

Proefrock
Wubbe
Harrington
Rinehart
Kistler
Dagenais
Pebbles
John Mackey
Scott Todd
Novak
West (CS)
Lenhart
Mueller
Rapp
Dumb Butt Vella

fvracer1

Postby Rick West » Sat May 13, 2006 12:13 pm

I have been excited about coming up there for months. I know Dumb Butt and crew will host a great regatta.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Return to Regatta Stuff