NCR Points system

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

NCR Points system

Postby Doug Wotring » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:25 pm

Just found the link to the NCR scoring table.

Chart shows only 25 slots. Is that correct?

I guess we can likely assume that everyone that makes the Champions will be on that list. which leaves only 9 slots open for your average skipper to tey to get in.

Not that I disagree that one should earn their entry into a nationals event to some extent. I just think that 25 is a number that is very low.

This system will keep the guy that doesn't go to any other regattas from entering...but will also keep guys that go to alot but are just under the Top 5 from going.

Not sure that I agree with this system.

Was this based off the poll of the 40 some guys who answered the poll?
Doug Wotring

Postby Frank Angel » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:47 pm

Yes Doug, democracy has reared it's ugly head. The results of the poll were reported to the class in the "EC 12 Net News" of 07-12-05. Actually 91 responded to the poll but 26 were unable to follow the instructions about entering their AMYA number so only 65 were considered legal votes. We had no idea who the other 26 were. Also, after my not so gentle admonishment, several responded to me that they wouldn't vote as for several reasons they wouldn't be attending future NCRs.
Of those responding 38% voted for the "Blended Format", a more than a 2 to 1 majority over the second choice.
What we have for 2005 can best be described as a mess. It was felt that a definite policy needed to be developed to avoid the pitfalls encountered this year. Keep in mind that it is only a policy and not a rule. To quote Rick "Please understand this is policy, not rule, and thusly can be changed by another administration or through class pressure upon an administration. It is presumed an open administration would respond appropriately."
I think that when the dust settles and the chart starts filling up you will see more slots opening due to duplications. I don't know why Paul stopped at 25 because there are 48 slots available, in the highly unlikely event that a different captain or captains won or placed in all the different events. Knowing the travel habits of most of the people involved I would say it would be impossible.
Regards,
Frank Angel
Frank Angel

Postby Rick West » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:38 pm

Doug,
The chart is mine and I will maintain it following the results of regattas as we move through the period that begins September 1. As you see, the positions on the chart are from the CS proposal in the poll and the program put in place is the same as what was on the poll. There it was stated that test results (after duplications) from historical statistics produced about 22 that would fill a merged list.

I placed 25 spaces on the merged list to start. If more are needed then they will be added. The merged list is not restrictive but the automatic positions are to what they are. The schedule regattas listed are only for this year. The others will be listed when the 2006 schedule is finalized.

It is possible that the number could rise above 48 through the scheduled regattas. That would defeat the law of averages in our historical record not unlike what happened this year when there was no clue what was needed. Yes, it is a mess, as Frank says for what we planned, but it will be organized and fun for what it will be...a great big gathering...but no beer on the beach.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby Doug Wotring » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:09 pm

I'm slowly getting a grasp.

D.[:o)]
Doug Wotring

Return to Regatta Stuff