Jacskonville Regatta 2023

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Jacskonville Regatta 2023

Postby Capt. Flak » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:31 pm

The entry form and NOR is posted on the AMYA site here : https://www.theamya.org/RegattaDetail.asp?RGID=10138

Be sure to enter soon and book your hotel rooms before the price goes up. For some reason the link on the NOR for the hotel is not working. So call the number and tell them you are with the Model Sailing Club room block.
Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Re: Jacskonville Regatta 2023

Postby georgeb2200 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:36 pm

Entries are trickling in. I hope to see more skippers to give Joe some competition.
FRANK?
JON?
DAN?
JIM R?
JIM B?
JIM K?
TOM?
TOM (the Other Tom)?
BILL K?
CHRIS D (time to try it)
MARK?
ROB H?
EARL?
JOHN G?
and any others who want a fun challenging time sailing with friends
georgeb2200

Postby Capt. Flak » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:34 pm

We have 11 signed up, but I sure would like to see more. Some regular names are missing so far.
The hotel has extended the room block date to this Saturday. If you do not book your room by then, the cost goes way up. So hurry.

See you at the lake.
Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:23 pm

The weather was perfect, but the wind was all over the place. We sailed 13 long races in winds from next to nothing to 5 knots. The rain held off until everyone was packed up and headed to dinner. Everyone sailed like true corinthians with all protests handled on the water. But I did have to step in once or twice to remind people to do a turn. Only one protest meeting and it was dismissed. Here are the results tabulated on the very nice regatta app by Gerry Cobley called ezRegatta. I recommend it highly.
Attachments
Jax Regatta Day One 2023.jpg
Jax Regatta Day One 2023.jpg (524.56 KiB) Viewed 3304 times
Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:44 pm

Final results. The forecast was for 9-12 knots out of the NE, which is perfect for the West side of the lake. It was spot on accurate. We got in 9 more races after a slight delay for everyone to change to B-rigs. We did warn them, but they all put on As and figured it out pretty quickly. I cut them some slack and let them change before we started. In the last race of the day we did have a near sinking when a huge puff forced several boats into each other and Alan Perkins getting that signature triangle hole in his hull. Doc Greer withdrew and Alan got redress. I want to thank all my helpers, Tom Phillips, Bill Wells, John Bottensek on Saturday and Cheryl Bremer at the scoring table. Also I want to commend all the skipper for a pretty good weekend of clean sailing. As well as winning the regatta Alan Perkins won the Florida Championship. I'll get some photos up on the Facebook page soon.
Attachments
2023JaxRegatta.jpg
2023JaxRegatta.jpg (344.11 KiB) Viewed 3283 times
Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Return to Regatta Stuff