2021 Hagerstown EC12 Regatta.

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

2021 Hagerstown EC12 Regatta.

Postby bigfoot55 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:18 am

ONLINE REGISTER: https://form.jotform.com/212404497657159

Hagerstown
Regatta
October 16, 2021

Notice of Race

Hagerstown Regatta

October 16, 2021
Organized by the Cumberland Valley Model Yacht Club #347

Rules: The regatta will be governed by The Racing Rules of Sailing 2021, as amended by Appendix E for RC sailing, prescriptions of US Sailing, and further Sailing Instructions as announced by the Race Director during the course of event.
Eligibility: A member of the EC12 Class.
Location: City Park Lake, 401 Museum Dr, Hagerstown, MD 21740
Chamber of Commerce Notes: Sailing venue is City Park Lake in Hagerstown MD. It has been named the 2nd most beautiful city park in America. The lake is overlooked by the Washington County Museum of Fine Art.

Cumberland Valley Model Yacht Club is the first to ever be allowed to sail model boats on this city treasure. The lake has a sidewalk around the entire perimeter with a stone wall edge, so no wading required. The water level is less than a foot below the sidewalk. Bring your lifting cradle.

Hagerstown MD is nicknamed "Hub City" because it is easy to get to from all four compass points located at the junction of I-70 and I-81.

Contact: Jarl Wathne, mdrcsail@aol.com or cell: 301-491-7363
Schedule: Saturday, October 16, 2021

Skippers Meeting

Racing begins following meeting

9:30 am

Lunch break

12:00

Racing

1:00 pm to 3:45 pm

Donuts, Coffee, Water, Lunch, Soft Drinks will be provided. Five deep prizes included in fee. Awards presentation will follow as soon as final scores are tabulated.

Entry: Entries may be submitted online at this URL:

https://form.jotform.com/212404497657159

If the hot link doesn’t work for you, copy and paste the URL in your browser, or, just mail the Entry Form below, with the entry fee check made out to Jarl Wathne.

Scoring: The event will be scored under the Low Point System described in the Racing Rules of Sailing Appendix A. For each 7 races are sailed, a boat’s worst score will be excluded.

Prizes: Trophies will be awarded to the top 5 skippers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENTRY FORM –Hagerstown Regatta

If not registering online (see link above), please mail completed entry form together with a check made payable to Jarl Wathne, 213 Belvedere Ct, Falling Waters, WV 25419 Entries must be received no later than October 9th to guarantee lunch.

Name:

Street address:

City: State: Zip:

_______________________________________ ______ _____________________

Email: Phone:

________________________________________________ _____________________

Sail # AMYA #

_____________________ ___________

1 Skipper @ $28.00; +$11 for guest lunch/drinks

TOTAL ENCLOSED $ __________

In consideration of acceptance of this entry, I hereby for myself, my heirs, executors, and administrators, waive and release any and all rights to claim damages that I may have or acquire against the host, or its members, the sailing site owners, employees, agents, representatives or assigns of the Cumberland Valley Model Yacht Club

Participant's signature: Date: ________

On line Entry above, or Mail form and check to:

Jarl Wathne, 213 Belvedere Ct, Falling Waters WV 25419 Phone: 301-491-7363
Tom Phillips
St Augustine, FL
bigfoot55

Return to Regatta Stuff