2021 Annapolis Regatta 9-11-2021

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

2021 Annapolis Regatta 9-11-2021

Postby bigfoot55 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:42 am

Tom Phillips
St Augustine, FL
bigfoot55

Re: 2021 Annapolis Regatta 9-11-2021

Postby scottgraf » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:07 pm

It appears as though the Jotform is having issues. Please contact me directly at scottgraf@yahoo.com if you wish to sail. I will make the accommodations.
Please be advised that there will be a crab feast following the EC-12 regatta on Saturday.

Scott Graf
Scott Graf #1874
scottgraf

Re: 2021 Annapolis Regatta 9-11-2021

Postby Dave_Branning » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:45 am

i-HFQcdrZ-XL.jpg
i-HFQcdrZ-XL.jpg (51.18 KiB) Viewed 4621 times
2021 Annapolis Regatta Report

[img][img]
i-HFQcdrZ-XL.jpg
[/img][/img]

When Chis Bock left Raleigh, NC to race in the Annapolis Regatta in Queenstown, MD on September 11th, he had one objective in mind. He wanted to finish at least in the top half of the sixteen-boat fleet. Chris came from region 2 and knew the daunting task he had traveling north and facing Danny Thomas, David Ramos, Jamey Betz and Scott Graf, three National Champions and a perennial top finisher in Colonial Cup events. Chris achieved his goal with five top five race finishes out of thirteen races and a regatta sixth place. The drive back to Raleigh was a happy one, for sure.

At the outset, the pond was a tule fog stillness. We waited a bit and the slight breeze showed up and began to build into the late morning. This is as shifty a pond we generally see in our region and tacking duels produced plenty of lead changes at the top of the fleet. It was fun to watch and even fake tacks came out of the bag of tricks to escape a tight cover.

Chris Bock was right. This regatta was a knife fight at the top. Between Danny, Dave and Jamey they won all the races and Danny won five in a row at one time and finished three points up on Dave Ramos with Jamey Betz third, Scott Graf fourth and Harry Mote fifth.

Thanks to Dave Ramos and Scott Graf for putting all the details of tents, buoys, Whaler, launching dock, tables and chairs into play to make this “regatta at the farm” such a great place to hold a regatta. Always appreciated to have Dave Ramos literally fix boats between races to make sure all boats are in the water at all times.

But wait, there’s more! Waterman and boat builder, Scott Todd and partner, Roni Brandt-Simpkins, catered a full on crab feast with incredible Maryland white corn on the cob…..add Old Bay and melted butter and you’ve got an Eastern Shore party. What a terrific conclusion to an eventful regatta day.
Skip Hall, Roni Brandt-Simpkins and Judy Bonanno were the real workers on the race committee and Judy makes lunch and great pictures happen as well as helping out wherever needed. We are so lucky to have such a great team who know how to make regattas so successful.

Results: 13 races, two throw-outs.
1. Danny Thomas 17
2. David Ramos 20
3. Jamey Betz 32
4. Scott Graf 39
5. Harry Mote 60
6. Chris Bock 73
7. Dom Bonanno 78
8. Don Barker 86
9. Tyler Raven 92
10. Bill Sysyn 105
11. Roger Baldwin 110
12. Scott Todd 112
13. Rick Boulay 122
14. Drew Beach 126
15. Bart Drummond 142
16. Jerry Franko 151 left early

Here's a link to Judy's great pictures.

https://judybonanno.smugmug.com/Sailing/EC-12-regattas/EC12-Regatta-Annapolis-Aug-4-5-2018/Annapolis-2021
Dave
EC12
Grace
Dave_Branning

Return to Regatta Stuff