2020 Jacksonville Regatta

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

2020 Jacksonville Regatta

Postby bigfoot55 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:15 am

The pond at Holiday Inn World Golf Village
St Augustine, Fl
April 25 & 26, 2020

NOR and REGISTRATION link at Florida Assn site- http://www.floridaec12.com/regattas.html
Tom Phillips
St Augustine, FL
bigfoot55

Re: 2020 Jacksonville Regatta

Postby Capt. Flak » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:14 pm

As of right now, I have just one entry to the Jacksonville regatta. We are still some time away and I am not ready to cancel or postpone the event. Of course I am monitoring the COVID-19 news. I understand people not wanting to attend if it is still spreading. I also understand people not wanting to sign up until they know it is a go. But here is the tricky thing for me. If I don't have people entered, it will get cancelled with out without Corona.

So if you are hoping to sail in the regatta, please go ahead and enter now. I will give everyone full refunds if we can't hold the regatta. But at lease I will have a number of skippers on my list which will help me decide later.

Of course if there has not been a significant change in the next couple of weeks, we will not hold the regatta.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Re: 2020 Jacksonville Regatta

Postby Capt. Flak » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:59 am

POSTPONED

The Jacksonville regatta is now POSTPONED. We were hoping things wold be better in time for our regatta, but they just extended the stay at home orders through the end of April. We will do our best to reschedule later in the year.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Return to Regatta Stuff