2014 Tilghman Regatta

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Re: 2014 Tilghman Regatta

Postby DBrawner » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:50 pm

Here is another set of awesome Jim Flach pictures from the J Class Down the River Race.

http://regatta.smugmug.com/2014-J-Class-Down-River-Race/

The official course distance not including tacking was 7.18 miles. Nothing but fun. Thank you Rosemary and Roger!!!

One announcement and then I'll stop talking about J's on the EC12 site....for a while. :-) We have three J events planned in our area next spring. Look for one day events at Riverton Yacht Club (Riverton, NJ) in April and Skip Hall's Second Wednesday in June J Class Regatta. All of this will be capped off with the J Class Medley at the end of June that will include fleet, match and distance racing.

We can now go back to our regularly scheduled program...EC12's in Chicago.
DB #53
DBrawner

Postby Dave_Branning » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:25 pm

And now for the pictures of a fun one day Regional Championship at Tilghman Island, MD. You can feel the heat from day one and some with jackets on for a cooler day two...the prize awards. Thanks to Jim Flach for the time he gave to photograph our regatta, the edits and the link below. Congratulations to the winners and thanks to all who came. We loved having you. And now, as Mr Brawner has stated....on to Chicago.

Enjoy: http://regatta.smugmug.com/2014-EC12-R2-Championship/
Dave
EC12
Grace
Dave_Branning

Postby Capt. Flak » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:02 am

Great photos for both events. One of these days I am going to join you all in Tilghman. Thanks for sharing.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Dave_Branning » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:20 am

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.....you said that last year. Bring it on up, Joe. We welcome you.
Dave
EC12
Grace
Dave_Branning

Postby Capt. Flak » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:07 am

Working for myself has its pros and cons. The cons make it very hard to get away as much as I would like. Plus Mary Michael is back at school now. But I grew up sailing on the Chesapeake and have very fond memories of sailing all around Tilghman Island. I really do want to get back up there. I can remember at least three times having to kedge off the sand bars at the entrance to Tilghman trying to get in to the Bridge Restaurant. I also remember one time we had the lee rail awash in 20 kts at the south end of the island. The fathometer read 35 feet, but the chart read 3-5 ft. When the boat was heeled over 45 degrees, the fathometer was useless. Our boat drew 5 and half feet, so we put the whole family on the low side to keep her heeled in case the wind died until we cleared the point into deeper water. Good times.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Previous

Return to Regatta Stuff