Villages Gator Regatta RCR R3b Oct 26/7

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Villages Gator Regatta RCR R3b Oct 26/7

Postby alanperkins » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:57 am

NCR is available and entries have already started coming in for the first regatta in the 2014 Florida Cup series.
Liz is organizing all the local ladies for the Friday night welcome bash at our house. Just bring yourself and your favorite drink.
All the skippers that stayed at a local host's house are welcome to stay again plus we may have a few other local skippers who are willing to find a bed for you.
This is going to be a P&R Regatta and we are hoping for a big fleet to start the new 2014 season off so get your entries in early.
Regards
Alan Perkins
alanperkins

Re: Villages Gator Regatta RCR R3b Oct 26/7

Postby hedderick » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:46 pm

The Villages regatta is the 1st of the 6 regatta "Winter Circuit" of the Florida EC-12 Association. This is always a great regatta. And a great opportunity to tune up for the EC-12 NCR! Register now for the Villages Regatta by going to:

www.Floridaec12.com

Click on "Regattas" for the NOR and Entry form.
Richard Hedderick 38
hedderick

Postby Capt. Flak » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:47 pm

I was really looking forward to The Villages regatta, unfortunately, my brother-in-law just informed us that he is getting married that weekend. I would still go, but it would mean the end of my marriage.

But don't let my misfortune stop the rest of you from signing up. Alan, have you got a list of names so far?
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby greerdr » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:02 pm

Joe,
Horrible news for us,congrats to the newly weds.
Missed a few regattas for my boys events and other stuff;my older son has just joined me in practice and I submit it all works out,if we listen to our better half.
Have fun at the wedding,we will miss you.
At least Allen Perkins won't win EVERY regatta in Fl,he will have a 3 for throw-out!
R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby alanperkins » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:29 pm

OK we are nearing the Gator Regatta which is now the "2014 Region 7 Regatta"
Entries so far (As of 10/17/13). Fleet of 32, this is going to be fun and a big regatta to start the Florida 2013/14 season off.
Party Friday night (bring a bottle) followed by hopefully some great racing in fleets of 17 boats lets hope the weather is kind to us.
John Goldsworthy
Tom Philips
Bob Greer
David Linville
Bud Elder (welcome back Bud not seen you for a while)
Jack Ward
Jim Pardee
Brenda Pardee
Paul Odegaard
John Santoro
Fran DiTommaso
Jim Merello
John Bottensek
Tim Crowley
George Balaschak
Baron Bremer
Marty Scheuer
Dan Pearce
Judy Clarke
Ricky Gerry
Becky Gerry
Martin Gray
Jim Rutherford
Jon Luscomb
Jim Kelly
Don Thompson
Ken Williams
John Stacey
Chuck Ellis
Franki Novak
Gerhard Kelter
Harry Dewolf

Bob Dudinsky will also be attending but not sailing, he will be and bringing a van load of spares so if you need anything and want to save shipping costs email or call him asap.
Closing date for entries was Oct 12 but as we have the potential of a fleet of 30+ boats racing P&R I'll extend it to Friday Oct 18 for entry forms to be postmarked or an email to Alnliz@comcast.net confirming you are coming. I need to confirm Sat night dinner numbers by Oct 19
Once I confirm to Joe Walter the names we will split into A & B fleets so we can the first series of racing going as close to 9:30 as possible.
Don't forget Friday nite at "The Perkins" starting around 6:00 don't be too early as Liz and the other ladies have much preparation to do.
Hotel rooms are still available
Sleep Inn, Wildwood $65
Holiday Inn Express Villages $89
Hampton Inn $114
Waterfront Inn start at $159
Many skippers are staying with our local skippers so please link up with them asap.

CU all soon and happy sailing
Alan
alanperkins

Postby alanperkins » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:48 pm

The New EC12 Region 7 Championships. This is going to get the 2013/14 season off to a great start.
Up to 32 and time expires Friday post 18th so Joe, can you arrange the seeding and post initial A & B fleets on the discussion page.
According to HMS we should have 14 A and 18 B, Any late entries will have to join the initial B fleet,
Joe W, Rick W, Dick H & Dick R and others not able to make it this year its a shame you could not come its going to be a blast but family & health comes first.
Liz has the Chili on the stove ( sorry no Shephards Pie this year) , and the ladies have shrimp, cold Ham and Turkey plus all the trimmings awaiting the skippers and guest on Friday evening.
Many Skippers have a local host this year so I'll leave it to you to make contact.
cu all Friday at the Lake for practice in the afternoon and/or at the party after 5:30, don't forget your personal booze. (This party is not financed from entries)
Micro Magic sailing may be arranged on the lake behind the house!!
If anyone wants to bring any food please contact Liz at LizFlorida@comcast.net or call her cell 352-430-8017
You have all made note on the entry form regarding Sat Dinner at Palmer Legions CC, thankyou, and looks like we have 62 so far. IF YOU ARE NOT COMING LET ME KNOW ASAP AS ITS VERY DIFFICULT ARRANGING THAT NUMBER FOR DINNER. I have to give final numbers Monday. Don't let me down and just not turn up next Sat.
Thanks,
Alan
alanperkins

Postby deafsail » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:32 pm

The Bremer Family donated a perpetual trophy .

Baron Bremer
EC12-81
Attachments
Region 7.jpg
Region 7.jpg (92.28 KiB) Viewed 21098 times
Baron Bremer
EC12-81
deafsail

Postby greerdr » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Thank you Baron Family for such a kind gesture on the trophy.
Now why come to take all our Halloween candy away from us poor children by spanking us after earning "stripes" in 1 Meter?
looking forward to sailing with you brother.
R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby Capt. Flak » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:17 pm

Any results for today?
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:40 am

Alan emailed me these top scores from yesterday.

Overnight after 8 races total points
Baron Bremer 22
Dave Linville 35
Gerhard Kelter 36
Marty Scheuer 49
Ricky Gerry 52
Jack Ward 58
Martin Gray 67
Dr Greer 68
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:59 pm

My sources tell me that Dave Linville has won the Villages regatta which is the first ever Region 7 EC12 Championship regatta for the 2014 season. Congratulations Dave.

Alan said he will post scores shortly.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:21 pm

The final results of the Villages 2014 Region 7 Championship

Villages13scores.jpg
Villages13scores.jpg (397.49 KiB) Viewed 20986 times
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby greerdr » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:43 pm

I would like congratulate Alan & Liz for hosting such a wonderful pre-race party.
Bob D swore everyone had finished shrimp before he ravaged the tables and not one survived .
He wil be racing soon he assures me.
Alan did a masterful job with difficult winds;I encourage you (in your local club) to be RD and see how hard it is to set good courses on our ponds.
The fact that lead changes occurred testifies how well Alan performed.
A real plus:we had 3 lady skippers.Becky, Brenda and Judith sailed A fleet for awhile-Brenda more.
Alan & crew:I think everyone had a super time and thank you!
R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby Rick West » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:40 pm

Wow! What a finish. Dave Linville blitz'ed the bullet list. Looks like Peach Tree City will be moving into a new residence.

Sorry Baron and congrats to Gerhard and Jack. We do not hear that much of you guys. Ah, Ricky, you are always in there. I saw you down there Marty, you are doing great.

What a kick...............
...94 [8D]
Pacifica By The Sea
Rick West

Postby Capt. Flak » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:20 pm

I think the real story here is Brenda Pardee with 10 A-fleet scores out of 13 including a 5th place. That is some pretty great sailing from our favorite school teacher.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Next

Return to Regatta Stuff