2013 National Championship, Oak Hollow Lake, High Point, NC

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

2013 National Championship, Oak Hollow Lake, High Point, NC

Postby Capt. Flak » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:15 am

Time to start planning for the 2013 NCR.
Steve Helander from the Greensboro MYC is your host and Reichard Kahle is RD.

Click here to go to the event site: http://www.ec12.org/2013NCR/Home.html
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Re: 2013 National Championship, Oak Hollow Lake, High Point,

Postby Rick West » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:38 pm

Chris Harmer from NZL and I will take advantage of the excellent rate for the Fairfield Inn by Marriott. It is far below the posted fare for that type of facility and even their winter rate that starts just after we leave. We will visit the sailing venue Tuesday afternoon. Y'all Come.

I checked out this venue last year with Steve Helander while visiting with Linda Angel. The control area is to the right of the parking lot. I think we will be able to unload and load our gear by the pavilion there. Boat traffic on this large lake is expected to be nil the first of November and if any at all, will be along the far shore to the south. This is a nice venue.
...94 [8D]
Pacifica By The Sea
Rick West

Postby Rick West » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:50 pm

Well there are better deals in November that drew Chris Harmer and I away from the Fairfield at $89. The Red Roof across I-40 at 68 that is a straight shot south to Skeet Club Road and the venue 6.9 miles total. $50 is the general rate there.
...94 [8D]
Pacifica By The Sea
Rick West

Postby yachtie » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:22 am

Confirming that Rick and I are both booked at Red Roof Inn = am so looking forward to catching up with those I met at the MB in Charleston in 2009 and also to meeting more of you only seen here :-)
yachtie

Postby Capt. Flak » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:53 am

The Entry Period for the 2013 Nationals is now OPEN!

I hope everyone will use the online method, but there is a paper version if you just love to write checks.

Click here to go to the event site: http://www.ec12.org/2013NCR/Home.html
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby yachtie » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:40 pm

My entry in = so looking forward to getting over there soon :roll:
yachtie

Postby Capt. Flak » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:13 am

I am putting the list of entries here for now.
The full list will also be posted to the NCR site after the entry period.

1. Joe Walter, Jacksonville FL -- 415 miles from Oak Hollow as the crow flies
2. Tom Phillips, St. Augustine FL -- 434 miles
3. Chris Harmer, Paraparaumum NZ -- 8,486 miles
4. James Donohoe, Hilton Head Island SC -- 265 miles
5. Tim Stone, Essex Junction VT -- Dropped out due to wife's scheduled surgery. We will miss you Tim, take care of your bride.
6. Rick West, Pacifica CA -- 2,338 miles
7. Dave Branning, Tilghman MD -- 274 miles
8. Scott Rowland, Centerville OH -- Dropped out due to work schedule conflict. Sorry to hear it Scott
9. Alan Perkins, The Villages FL -- 509 miles
10. Scot Vernon, Roswell GA -- 283 miles
11. Jack Wubbe, Naples FL -- 697 miles
12. David Brawner, Mount Laurel NJ -- 386 miles
13. David Linville, Peachtree City GA -- 319 miles
14. Robert Greer, Lake Park FL -- 642 miles
15. Ernest Freeland, Annapolis MD -- 280 miles
16. Gerry Cobley, Cary NC -- 70 miles
17. Baron Bremer, Jacksonville FL -- 407 miles
18. Ken Shaw, Essex Junction VT -- 688 miles
19. Dave Ramos, Stevensville MD -- 288 miles
20. Jerry Fernald, Edisto Island SC -- 240 miles
21. Martin Scheuer, Peachtree City GA -- 319 miles
22. Skip Hall, Neptune NJ -- 433 miles
23. John Bottensek, Jacksonville FL -- 403 miles
24. Ron Small, Greensboro NC -- 12 miles
25. Richard Wiley, Greensboro NC -- 12 miles
26. Victor Oberg, Westmont NJ -- 381 miles
27. Chris Kakavas, Burlington NC -- 32 miles
28. William (Alan) Morris, Burlington NC -- 32 miles
29. Roger Baldwin, Easton MD -- 288 miles
30. Carl Olbrich, Cary NC -- 70 miles
31. Bill Ewing, Red Bank NJ -- 440 miles
32. David Dellenbaugh, Easton CT -- 512 miles
33. JD Langdon, Burlington VT -- 684 miles
34. Danny Thomas, Highland MD -- 275 miles
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:53 am

The entries are only trickling in for the NCR in Oak Hollow. I would have thought you guys would be eager for this one. Close to most of the class, great venue, great fall weather. Planning for a big event like this is a lot of work. Knowing how many are coming makes that work a lot easier.

So get those entries in folks.

And don't forget...since Reichard it your RD, there is a trophy spot open for someone else. :D
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:29 pm

Ok folks, the entries are coming in slowly. I would like to see the list filling up a little faster though. Steve is working hard at planning a great event for you and Reichard is putting is race staff together. We are getting some really great rates on hotels too. I have book my room at the Red Roof in for $51 per night.

And don't forget about the great regattas coming up in your area. Besides being fun events, they are a chance to get some much needed practice in before Nationals. So sign up for them as well.
http://www.ec12.org/Regattas/Regatta-Schedule.htm
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Chuck Luscomb » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:09 pm

We have four working to clear our schedules in order to attend.

Chuck Luscomb
Dave VanCleef
Jack Baldwin
Dave Dellenbaugh

Working to finalize work and travel schedules and will let you know...
Chuck
USA 84 "SECRET"
Chuck Luscomb

Postby Capt. Flak » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:25 pm

That is great news Chuck. That will push us up to 24, but we still need a bunch more to make this event special. Come on people, let's get those entries in.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby steve h » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:09 pm

We at GMYC (and PMYC) are looking forward to having you as our guests for the Nats!!!

For anyone arriving early, my local EAA chapter will be hosting Aluminum Overcast, a restored B17 bomber at Rowan County Airport from Nov 4-7th. That is about 40 miles south of the race venue. They will be offering tours and rides for those interested. Veterans and Active Duty receive free ground tours. On Tuesday 11/5, we will be having a Prime Rib Dinner and Dance (Swing Under the Wing) at the airport. Tickets for the dinner are $15.00 per person, and include dinner, non-alcoholic beverages, and and evening of dancing. Anyone interested in attending, Please contact me and I can provide information and tickets. A nice, scenic diversion to experience a part of our nation's history.

We have a nicely stocked hobby shop about 5 miles from the facility. Obviously, he doesnt carry RMG gear, but does have a good selection of Spectrum, Futaba, and Hitec gear, switches, extensions, chargers, Nickel metal packs, Lipo packs, and possibly LIFe packs. He has a good supply of K&S metal, carbon bits, and misc dubro/ sullivan and Great Planes hardware. He also has wood for repairs (ply, lite ply, sticks, balsa sheet, etc), as well as a full compliment of Epoxy (some west products), fiberglass, etc.

Are there any items that you guys think I should see if he can stock beyond that?

For those using arrow shafts, we have a Dick's Sporting Goods and Super WalMart about 5 miles from the venue. Super WalMart has been carrying 29 and 31 inch aluminum arrow shafts around here.

I'll try to bring a crash cart with some basic stuff and tools for repairs, and can loan out whatever is needed/legally allowed to keep someone in the regatta. I've got a fresh can of West and hardener, a few different weights of glass, and gloves if major repairs are needed, and if i have room in my truck, a band saw and a couple of sanders. I'll try to bring my scrap wood box as well.

If anyone has a need to ship anything to the area, I can provide my business address via PM or email. It would be signed for and set aside in a secure location, and would be cheaper than shipping to a residence.

Given the central location of the event to the eastern half of the country, if you or your clubmates have any ec12 related items they would like to try to sell, please bring them along. Our area has experienced growth in ec12 racing, and we have rapidly been exhausting the supply of local boats and gear. If interested, I can create a seperate thread on here for a "Searching for" "For Sale or trade" lists. This would be a great opportunity to clear out the shop, and help someone else join the ec12 ranks.

Anyone having specific needs that arent mentioned here, please feel free to PM me, or email me at settinsails@gmail.com We at GMYC will make every effort to help make your 2013 Nationals a pleasant and memorable experience.

Respectfully,
Steve
#1988 and #1858...aka Frank's boat
steve h

Postby Rick West » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:31 pm

WOW, what service. Thank you.
...94 [8D]
Pacifica By The Sea
Rick West

Postby Capt. Flak » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:53 am

I was sent a PM asking me to update the entry list above so folks could see who is coming. My reply was that it is up to date! 20 is all we have officially so far. So come on folks, get those entries in ASAP. I know there is still some time left on the entry period, but why wait?
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:18 pm

The list is starting to grow now. Keep them coming in. I am hoping for 35 boats or more. When Chuck Luscomb gets his group all signed up we will be at 31 boats.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Next

Return to Regatta Stuff