Jacksonville Regatta

Do you have a question about Regattas? Do you want to post about your EC12 club event? This is the place. Here you will find a listing for some of the club monthly events at the top of the page.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Jacksonville Regatta

Postby Capt. Flak » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:44 am

Ahoy Gang,

The deadline is passed for the Jacksonville Regatta - Region 3b Championship, which is actually sailed in St. Augustine just down the road.

<font color="red"><b>THE OFFICIAL</b></font id="red"> list of skippers is:

Robert Greer
Dick Reinke
Baron Bremer
Bud Elder
Jim Pardee
Brenda Pardee
Jack Wubbe
Jack Ward
Tom Germer
John Bottensek
Martin Raishbrook
Richard Hedderick
Martin Gray
Scott Vernon
Jim Kaighin
Jon Luscomb
Bob Brown
John Steacy
Frankie Novak
Laura Niehus
Tom Phillips
Rick Gerry

Can't make it:
Skip Allen
Reichard Kahle
Bob Larsen

This is the final list of entries. But you all know me. If you really want to sail, give me a call or email and I will see about getting you in. Of course it might cost you a round at the bar.

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby IrishAye » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:12 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Capt. Flak</i>

Ahoy Gang,

The entries are coming in for the Jacksonville Regatta - Region 3b Championship, which is actually sailed in St. Augustine just down the road.

So far we have:

Robert Greer
Dick Reinke
Baron Bremer
Bud Elder
Jim Pardee
Brenda Pardee
Jack Wubbe
Jack Ward
Tom Germer
John Bottensek
Martin Raishbrook
Bob Larsen
Bob Greer
Dick Hederick
Martin Gray

The entry form is in PDF format on www.floridaec12.com/regattas.html
as well as online at http://www.amya.spruz.com

Joe Walter #24
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Irish-aye
IrishAye

Postby Capt. Flak » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:11 am

Martin, I appreciate your help in posting the skippers coming to Jacksonville, but since I am the official registrar, perhaps it would be best to leave it to me to update the list.

That way there will be less confusion and mistakes. Like having Doc Greer on the list twice, for example.[:D]

Anyway folks, the entries are coming in through PayPal now. I will keep you informed in a timely manner as I receive them.

Thanks.

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Wed May 04, 2011 11:56 am

Folks the entries are coming in slowly at the moment. The deadline is fast approaching. Please let me know if you plan on sailing. Getting the right number of trophies made takes time and cost money. Knowing how many boats are coming is important to the planning.

This is the Region 3b Championship and will be sailed using P&R. So all you Dixie Cup skippers need to come on down for some great racing and fun in the Florida Sun.

The entry form is in PDF format on www.floridaec12.com/regattas.html
as well as online at http://www.amya.spruz.com

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby kahle67 » Wed May 04, 2011 2:22 pm

I can speak for at least three of us Charleston Boys.

Bad timing on the schedule. Raleigh is the R3a the weekend before and Ricky and I are hoping to not sit out again for the CR next year. Just can't afford the time or the money to pull off two weekends in a row. Jerry will be in Raleigh as well and Dick and Susanne are off to Ireland.

Not sure what Mervin is up to.

Reichard Kahle Jr
Charleston, SC
kahle67

Postby Alan Perkins » Fri May 13, 2011 11:05 am

Good luck to all skippers, sail fast, sail fair and have fun just sorry we will not be there it's Mother-in-laws 92nd birthday so will be flying back to England.
Congrats to Baron for winning the Florida Champs with one regatta in hand. Also, many thanks to all the congrats re Ricky & Becky engagement, guess the Florida EC12 party will have to wait till The Villages Regatta. Ricky is racing in the Dixie series this weekend so maybe they will have a Dixie party !!!
CU all in the fall.

Alan
Alan Perkins

Postby Jon Luscomb » Fri May 13, 2011 8:37 pm

Joe

How about a single fleet? Could be fun and lots of races!

What say you?

I would rather wonder why I won than to know exaclty why I lost.
Jon Luscomb

Postby Capt. Flak » Sat May 14, 2011 12:25 am

Jon and all,

We just added two more entries to put us at 22 if Skip Allen makes it. This means two fleets with 13 on the water and 4 moving up and down.

Twenty is the max number of boats we can safely put on the line, so unless we get some dropouts, we will not be able to sail one fleet.

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby Capt. Flak » Sun May 15, 2011 9:54 am

Update on the regatta. I forgot to list Tom Phillips on the list above. This is corrected now. Unfortunately, Bob Larsen has had to drop out.

So we are at 22 boats if Skip Allen makes it. He has asked me to hold his entry until the last minute and I am happy to do it.

I am forwarding the list of entries to Rick West. He will compile our list of skippers into their National ranking in order of top to bottom and the A-B fleets of the P&R system will be set. This will eliminate the need for seeding heats.

The B-fleet will simply start off the first heat of the morning and we will proceed. It should mean more racing and less sitting around.

This system has been asked for for some time and I am told it was used successfully this weekend in Raleigh. This will also be the system used at this year's National Championship in Charleston.

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby greerdr » Mon May 16, 2011 10:15 pm

Be gone you meddlesome seeding races.
I really think this will add a lot of "scoring" races to the regatta.
I am looking forward to this format.

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby bigfoot55 » Sun May 22, 2011 3:14 pm

HOT and TIGHT and again
Bremer 54 tie break
Hedderick 54
Gerry 63
Wubbe 92
Bottensek 95
Luscomb 98 tie break
Vernon 98

Bremer won the Florida Championship with a total drop of 2 points.

Temp at the end of sailing on Sunday 97.
bigfoot55

Postby Capt. Flak » Sun May 22, 2011 8:10 pm

The Region 3a Championship in St. Augustine was a hard fought race with many lead changes and lots of great racing action. The conditions for both days were hot with light to moderate winds, mostly out of the SSW.

9 races were sailed on Saturday with John Bottensek holding onto a very narrow lead before throw-outs. Baron Bremer was in 5th place. 8 races were sailed on Sunday and the leader board flipped and Baron won the regatta in a tiebreaker with Dick Hedderick at 54 points each. Baron had 4 bullets to Dick's 2.

The BBB (Bubble Boy Brotherhood) was officially named and Jon Luscomb, Jack Ward, and Jim Kaighin are the first named members. But we have all been there.

The full report with pictures will be posted on the Florida EC-12 Association site very soon. Here are the scores.

1. Baron Bremer 54 tie breaker
2. Dick Hedderick 54
3. Rick Gerry 63
4. Jack Wubbe 92
5. John Bottensek 95
6. Jon Luscomb 98 tie breaker
7. Scott Vernon 98
8. Tom Phillips 103
9. Martin Gray 117
10. Jim Kaighin 148
11. Bob Greer 150
12. Tom Germer 156
13. Jack Ward 161 (Won the Ancient Mariner Trophy)
14. Martin Raishbrook 168
15. Dick Reinke 189
16. Brenda Pardee 217
17. John Steacy 223
18. Bud Elder 227
19. Jim Pardee 248
20. Laura Niehus 263
21. Frankie Novak 264

A big thanks to Bud Cassidy for coming up from Naples to RD the regatta. And a big thanks to Kelly Cassidy and Angie Bottensek for keeping score and to Trish Gray and Cheryl Bremer for getting lunch and setting up. And thanks to all the JMYC members for all their help in setting up the event, building docks, making trophies, etc.

Baron Bremer also won the Florida Championship. He sailed in all five regattas this season and won four of them. Baron threw-out his one low score which was a second place finish. You can't get much better than that.

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby hedderick » Mon May 23, 2011 3:11 pm

Another well organized regatta from the Jacksonville group. Race Director Bud Cassidy and his team did everything right. They set up a good course and quickly adjusted the line as needed without delay. The P/R system with pre-assigned fleets got us racing from the get go. The result was lots of racing and no arguments. Just a pleasant and enjoyable weekend. And congrats to Baron for an unbelievable season.

Richard Hedderick
hedderick

Postby bigfoot55 » Tue May 24, 2011 1:07 pm

Does anyone have a photo of the finish when John B 11 came up from way behind and barely stuck his bow in front of Jon Luscomb 45? Have looked at Docs photos and can not find one.

Tom P

https://picasaweb.google.com/greerdr/St ... eat=email#
bigfoot55

Return to Regatta Stuff