Mast Suppliers

Plans, Books, Websites, Parts, Suppliers
Maybe we can find an answer for you.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Mast Suppliers

Postby PaulP » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:54 pm

One item precious to most EC12 drivers is the aluminum mast extrusion. I have purchased blanks from Warehouse Hobbies in Florida, they purchased all the inventory of Pop-Up Mfg.

Do you know of any other sources, ones that we can list on our supplier page.
PaulP

Postby Rick West » Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:56 am

I get my masts from Mike Zellanack.
Rick West

Postby greerdr » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:49 pm

Can you give a price range on the wharehouse blanks VS the Zellanack mast for a "B' rig or "C"?

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby Rick West » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:07 pm

The prices list for Zellanack is on the suppliers list in the building section of this site. He list it for $25. There is only one size...72" so, use what you need.
Rick West

Postby kahle67 » Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:18 pm

Ray Ozmund of Ozmund Design also sells Goldspar masts. He has black, silver and gold annodized finishes and discounts them based on volume. I ordered 10 from him one time and I think the total per mast was around $19.00 or slightly less including shipping. This would be beneficial if you had several others in your club needing masts as well. I think Ozmund is still listed on the Suppliers Page.

Reichard
kahle67

Postby jbblackjr » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:30 am

Once I have a mast, I still need booms and fittings. Any suggestions?
As noted in the general discussions, I'm refitting the #1 registered EC 12 hull and would like to get her back in sailing condition.

Thanks

Jim
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kahle67</i>

Ray Ozmund of Ozmund Design also sells Goldspar masts. He has black, silver and gold annodized finishes and discounts them based on volume. I ordered 10 from him one time and I think the total per mast was around $19.00 or slightly less including shipping. This would be beneficial if you had several others in your club needing masts as well. I think Ozmund is still listed on the Suppliers Page.

Reichard
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
jbblackjr

Postby greerdr » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:44 pm

I use the mast section with the sailtrack ground off for jib-boom and main boom.Aluminum arrow shafts work well, are cheap and quite light.An internal sleeve in high load areas is advisable.You still haven't called...I am just up the street in Lake Park.Fittings are makeable but it is hard to beat Zellnack.Did you order your masts yet?

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby PaulP » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:21 pm

Jim,
Mike Zellanack's stuff is of the highest quality, but it might not be what you are looking for if you are restoring.

If it is just a refit to sail the hull, call Mike, his contact info is on the suppliers page. You can't beat his products.

If it is a restore project, then you are probably on your own. It will take some research to find how it was done back in the 60's

good luck with it

Paul P
PaulP

Postby Doug Wotring » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:30 pm

Paul, I noticed that there is no Sailboat stuff on Warehouse Hobbies web site? Do you know if they still have some pop Up stock....

I'm looking for the pop up shroud racks
Doug Wotring

Postby jbblackjr » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:02 pm

Paul-

Can I please get contact info for Mike Zellanack? I was speaking with Robert Greer and I have a mast and set of booms. I now need the turnbuckles and goosneck fittings.

Thanks

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PaulP</i>

Jim,
Mike Zellanack's stuff is of the highest quality, but it might not be what you are looking for if you are restoring.

If it is just a refit to sail the hull, call Mike, his contact info is on the suppliers page. You can't beat his products.

If it is a restore project, then you are probably on your own. It will take some research to find how it was done back in the 60's

good luck with it

Paul P
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
jbblackjr

Postby Skip Quinn » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:36 pm

Hi. I sail with Mike every Sunday and can give you his ph# 727-526-4212. Skip[8D]

Skip
Skip Quinn

Postby Larry Ludwig » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:52 am

I have a die being struck as I type this for an aluminum extruded mast. I should have the samples for approval within 2 weeks and the complete run within a month. They will be available in up to 8' lengths which makes a mast and boom quite nicely.

Delrin gooseneck, masthead, mastfoot, boomend, and boomvang fittings are in the molding process now. The initial run should last me a lifetime unless model sailboats become the next hoola-hoop.
Larry Ludwig

Postby Larry Ludwig » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:42 pm

I now have 8' aluminum masts that sell for $26 and you can cut off 2' and have a boom from the same piece (or I can cut it for you and save your shipping a few dollars. This is extruded T-6 aluminum airfoil shaped with sailslot and accepts previous Reynolds,Fisher,Vortex mast fittings. It weighs 6.4 oz.

If interested or want pictures emailed let me know. We are battling on the website and while we are gaining it is slow going.

Larry[8]
Larry Ludwig

Postby Nautic12 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:15 am

larry interested in your mast selection,6 new ec12 skippers
about to buy boats 7 looking at rigs.
thanks[:I]
Nautic12

Postby Larry Ludwig » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:10 pm

Well here I am, the website is still being fought over like the last girdle in the bargain basement... but the spars are ready to go. You might want to tell your skippers that the new commerical molds are being completed, and there are going to be 4 different manufactures of EC-12's (myself included) and the prices may well get cheaper as the molds are released to more than one supplier.

are we reading between the lines yet?

I can be reached here and email address of:

LindandLarry@satx.rr.com until all of my "helpers" agree on the website.

Thanks

They have a lifetime guarntee against Hurricane Damage as long as they are sailed in Utah from November to February.
Larry Ludwig

Return to Documentation & Suppliers