EC12 Building Manual

Plans, Books, Websites, Parts, Suppliers
Maybe we can find an answer for you.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

EC12 Building Manual

Postby Capt. Flak » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:35 pm

As most of you know, the Building the EC12 Manual and Optimizing the EC12 books are not in print and we have it on our schedule to try and get them reprinted and/or put on CD, but this will take some time.

In the mean time, I was wondering if anyone out there have books they are willing to part with or sell to others in the class. We have a number of new skippers looking for the Manual in particular. You can put the books up for sale on the trading post section of this forum. Or you can email me and I will try to get yo in touch with someone looking to buy.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Re: EC12 Building Manual

Postby Bigjake » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:16 am

Joe,

Re the Ec-12 books - wouldn't be a good idea to revise and update the books? I'd submit that a lot of the material is dated and that it would be very beneficial to the class if new knowledge be added. Just a thought.

Jake
Blue twelve 22
Bigjake

Postby Capt. Flak » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:26 am

Jake, that is very true. There are a lot of newer ways of doing things now and most builders do not build the framed structure to support the deck now. However, most all of the measurements are still correct and there are builders who want to build a classic. For most of us, we have two very good building sites to go to that are way more current with building methods and materials. And then there is the time, energy, and money it takes to complete a new book. I would love to see it done, but it will be a ways off.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Bigjake » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:16 am

Joe,

Now that Rick is "retired", maybe he could be talked into picking up the job?...

Jake
Blue twelve 22
Bigjake

Postby Capt. Flak » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:35 am

Rick has done a lot of the leg work to get the book back in print, but it was not complete when I took over. I have to get on it, but there are other priorities right now. Rick has an excellent building site and he is working on upgrades to it.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby philairone » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:45 pm

I have both manuals in beautiful condition that I will part with for a fair price plus shipping. Email me at 'philair41@gmail.com'
philairone

Return to Documentation & Suppliers