Plans, Books, Websites, Parts, Suppliers
Maybe we can find an answer for you.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb


Postby Bigjake » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:28 pm

I have noticed that some people use some kind of foam for the following:

a. Boat stand
b. Sail and rig retainers inside the storage/carrying box

Could someone specify the types of foam(s) used and supplier. Thanks.

Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:08 pm

Re: Foam

Postby s vernon » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:15 pm

I would guess that it is hard urethane or hard polyurethane foam. It might also be called rigid. Be aware that matresses can be made from these types of foam so you need to be specific (hard) in any inquiry.

I think if you see it you will recognize it. I was talking with someone who was using some on a trailer under his people boat for spur of the moment travelling. He said he was able to find it by calling around. He hit paydirt at a business that makes (?), boxes up and ships out computers. I believe they were willing to sell him large sheets about 2 inches thick.

I would bet that you will not be able to find a supplier who is willing to sell small quantities. You will need to find someone who buys and uses large quantities and is will to sell some of it.

You might need to do the legwork like he said that he did.
User avatar
s vernon
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:18 pm

Return to Documentation & Suppliers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests