Registry Listing

Got a question on the EC12 class rules, ask the secretary
(Note: only items pertaining to the EC12 will be allowed. Other postings will be deleted.)

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55

Registry Listing

Postby Usagi » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:25 am

I have 2 registered EC-12's, #1389 and #1575. I recently learned of another EC-12 that supposedly has the same sail number as one of mine.

I also own one Victoria. On the Victoria site I can find a listing of all registered Victorias but I cannot find such a page for EC-12's Am I missing it? If not, why don't we have such a page?

~~Usagi~~
Usagi

Postby greerdr » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:55 am

I think such a listing would be helpful.Maybe near the "classmates" page.

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby kahle67 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:59 am

Rick West is traveling east right now but I am sure he will clear that up for you when he has a chance.

Reichard Kahle
Charleston, SC
kahle67

Postby Frank Angel » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:24 pm

Hi Bob,

I checked the class registry and you are listed as the registered owner of both 1389 and 1575. There are no other boats listed with the same numbers.

At the present time the registry contains too much personal information to be placed in the public domain. I’ll mention your request to Rick and see if we can come up with an abridged list.

If I had a little more information I might be more helpful. Where did you see a boat with one of your numbers? Do you know who is sailing it? Which number was it using?

Please reply to my request for information by email and not on this forum. Here’s my address. [url]fangel@triad.rr.com[/url]

Regards,
Frank Angel
Frank Angel

Postby Rick West » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:26 pm

Frank is the Chief of Staff and is qualified to answer data questions. We have over 3200 lines on file in the Registry and it contains all the personal information on each. It is not reasonable to make this available to the general public. An email to he or me will get an answer within hours. Here it is public knowledge.
Further, he is correct in asking the source. This is not only providing all the information but gives us a source from where it came. This is research information and very helpful.
He is correct in his answer. There is no duplication in the Class Registry.

What is the full information you have recieved from another source?

On the road in Tallahasse.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby Usagi » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:43 pm

This is the Victoria listing page:
http://www.victoriarc.org/classregistry.htm

I see no personal information there, though the class secretary most certainly has more information, including personal data. Having the personal data does not mean one has to post it, but I see no reason not to post sufficient data to avoid confusion and to clear up typos.

The boat that was for sale was 1375, not 1575.

~~Usagi~~
Usagi

Postby Doug Wotring » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:15 pm

some time ago there was an EC-12 Frapper map, which listed alot of the owners and thier locations ( by owner's choice)
Doug Wotring

Postby Fred Maurer » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:43 am

Fred Maurer

Postby Usagi » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:28 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">And so there is!

http://www.frappr.com/ec12owners<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
That shows maybe 1 in 10 owners. Compare that with the Victoria listing, which shows all owners.

Looks like the Victoria site has the EC-12 site beat, hands down.

~~Usagi~~
Usagi

Return to Ask the Secretary