Bylaws

Got a question on the EC12 class rules, ask the secretary
(Note: only items pertaining to the EC12 will be allowed. Other postings will be deleted.)

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55

Bylaws

Postby PegLeg » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:03 am

I do not seem to be able to find either our Class constitution or bylaws available on the class web site. Would you be able provide these documents clearly on the site??
PegLeg

Postby PaulP » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:20 pm

Pete,
On the menu bar, under the picture at the top of the page is the word "Administration" Clicking on this expands a menu that includes "Rules and Policies"

If you are after the Constitution and ByLaws of the AMYA,those are not on the EC12 site, you need to go to ModelYachting.org for those

Paul
PaulP

Postby PegLeg » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:02 pm

Paul

I had roamed the area you point out before asking the question. All I could find were class rules and policies neither of which rank as a constitution or set of bylaws.

Given the existence of both a constitution and set of bylaws for the Florida Association I am looking for similar documents for the class.

Perhaps there are none.

My intent is to determine by what authority does the class administration spend $2,000 (2/3rds) of the treasury to pursue obtaining a "legal mark". Particularly when such a mark is of questionable value to the class.

Even should such a mark be obtained, defending it's use will be prohibitive.

My view is that since Mr West likes (or used to like) class polls, he certainly should have contacted the class members to obtain a "sense" of direction before committing the funds. Lacking such a "sense", the action, if allowed to stand, surely validates the arbitrary and dictatorial nature of the current administration.

The timing of the announcement is also surely suspect given the fact that the opportunity to develop an alternative candidate for class secretary has gone by.

Please advise if there is or ever was a class constitution or bylaws document. If there was one at some time in our history, please advise where or when they were deactivated.
PegLeg

Postby greerdr » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:55 pm

I probably should not take a step into this but I was at the lake as Capt. West proposed this idea.He mentioned that in the pursuit of protecting the class and the standardization of the hull that we needed to trademark the EC-12 so that various other hulls such as those on E-bay do not flood the market and catch unsuspecting neophytes who might buy an unregisterable hull.I am glad he was able to find a lawyer who agreed to work "pro bono"in trademarking us.I am proud that 32 sailors ponied up > $100. for the cause.

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby Rick West » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:18 am

Pete,
Sorry for the delay, I am home for a few days.

There is no constitution and bylaws for the Class. We are not an association. We are a class under AMYA and through its processes.

I do not mean to be abrupt with your concerns but I am in an elected position and serve at my pleasure within the framework of AMYA and its guidelines. I have since the beginning been open and communicative in all my actions to the Class and have in this case. This includes the Class Advisory Committee, who are just that and not dictating to me. While I seek their wisdom I am not bound by it.

AMYA has full knowledge of this adminsitrative process and I will proceed with Pete Maxson’s support in the interest of AMYA and this Class.

Further, from your comments, I have publicly posted and solicited nominees to this position and other positions in AMYA that are due in term and the filing date required.

Your objections to this process are noted. There have been no others since public notice.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby PegLeg » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:40 am

Rick

ThanX for confirming my observation in the post below "surely validates the arbitrary and dictatorial nature of the current administration.

However since you are so committed to communications will you please give the class straightforward, direct answers to the following questions?
<ul>1. What are the benefits to the class for having a "legal mark"?
2. What are the full costs anticipated for the program? Please include the cost of registration, the cost of implementation and the anticipated cost of defending the "mark" over the first 5 years after implementation. Of course you do know that a "mark", not vigorously defended, is worthless.
3. Since the class is not a legal entity, who or what legal organization will own the "mark"?</ul>
PegLeg

Postby tharmer » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:20 pm

Pegleg, can you please give it a rest. Your comments are borderline perjorative. Take it up with the CS privately please.
tharmer

Postby Rick West » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:30 pm

He is gone from here Chris. He priviledges were removed.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby yachtie » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:48 am

Whoa Ric - just the same surname from a newbie in your neck of the woods!![:D]

Chris
NZL1 Longtack
NZL110 Swept Away NZL128 Ketch me if U Can
yachtie

Return to Ask the Secretary