EC12 Boats in the UK?

Got a question on the EC12 class rules, ask the secretary
(Note: only items pertaining to the EC12 will be allowed. Other postings will be deleted.)

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55

EC12 Boats in the UK?

Postby Trev Dent » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:32 pm

I have looked in your for sale section, I have tried to e-mail hull builders, but no joy, I even looked on ebay, but the two boats mentioned in another thread, there owners will not export. Are EC12 boats available in the UK and if so where? Or would I be better off looking for another class of boat. I do not want to stir anything up, I have no way of racing an EC12, if I'm the only one in the UK with one, but the classic lines of these yachts, are something else and I would like to be part of it.
Trev Dent

Postby yachtie » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:06 pm

You're not alone in the UK Trigger - try contacing Woody Cook - look him up in members of this site under kermwood.

[^]

Chris
NZL1 Longtack
NZL110 Swept Away NZL128 Ketch me if U Can
yachtie

Postby Capt. Flak » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:00 pm

Trigger,

Woody Cook is the go to guy in the UK right now. If you can't find his email around the site, email me at floridaec12@comcast.net and I will forward you his email. I would give it to you here, but I don't have it handy right now.

There are guys who will help get a boat to you. I am sure it is just a matter of time before Rick West jumps in here to aid you. We would very much like to get the class moving in the UK. The EC-12 is a great boat and I think it only takes a handful of boats on a lake to kick start the growth there.

Cheers.

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby Rick West » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:05 pm

Hi Trigger or is it Trigger955i?
Where are you located? There have been reports that you are in Greece. Your IP is out of Amsterdam. I see two different emails on Hotmail. Just wondering because Kermwood is the contact in the UK for some time now. It appears you have email with him.

The email addresses listed on the Supplier's List is used daily here without problem. You are among several in the UK interested in the EC12 and some have boats.

The EC12 is exported to the UK, is not part of the national authority at this time and there are no reverences for the UK. What can you share with us?

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby Trev Dent » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:30 pm

Thanks for the replies. To answer Rick first, they're both me, I registered as Trigger and then when I went back on the site a couple of days later, it did not recognize me, thinking I had forgotten my password already I re-registered using another address. It was then that I read the note about not being instant membership, you can remove me as Trigger955i, that's my other hobby, and I have a Triumph Motorbike. Greece yes my fault, I had some problems with the map thing, it wouldn't stay put, I live in Lancashire, not a million miles from Woody, well not by American standards. Thanks for the Woody Cook connection, I notice his name when I was trying to place my marker on the map, I will give him a call. I would like to help fly the flag for the class in the UK.
Trev Dent

Postby Rick West » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:30 pm

Trigger,
Thank you for the update and clarification. What is going on in the UK is better learned from Kermwood. He is a member of the US authority, came to our Florida Nationals at Disney World last November and will attend the international gathering at Nelson in New Zealand this coming November. We look forward to hearing from you.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby greerdr » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:39 pm

I have a ready to sail,legally registered,never raced Robin hull, fully fitted (Bristol fashion) ready to send for $1300.00 plus shipping.Woody has seen my work at Nats.(#1724).The boat is regisristered as #1755.

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby kermwood » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:53 pm

Trigger
Have tried several times to email you at two different email address and have not had any response,not sure if you got emails or not.if you send me your email address direct l will try again.
Woody
kermwood

Postby Rick West » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:46 pm

Trigger,
Woody is in the UK and a member of the US class. He is also an international traveler for sailing the EC12. He is someone you would like to know in your area.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby greerdr » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:57 am

1755 is sold to an "Ocean Reef" sailor.Good luck on your quest.Please join Woody next time here.

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby Trev Dent » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:40 am

Woody
I have tried a few times myself, but no joy. Our computor was playing-up a couple of weeks back, but now it's fixed.
My addies are trevordent157@hotmail.com or Marysange1@hotmail.com don't ask about the last addie, long storey, but is is a 1 (one) not an l (L), a very long storey.
Trigger
Trev Dent

Return to Ask the Secretary