General Question to Membership

Got a question on the EC12 class rules, ask the secretary
(Note: only items pertaining to the EC12 will be allowed. Other postings will be deleted.)

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55

General Question to Membership

Postby Rick West » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:45 pm

On the class site we have the Boat Trader in the Clubhouse menu. Tom and I prepare ads sent us and place them on the site.

Question: Would it be convenient and with more flexibility to have this service here on 12 Discussions. Meaning that all products related to the EC12 boat and the sailing of the model could be placed on this forum by the seller and handled by the seller.

There will be policy and constant monitoring by Moderators overseeing those policies.

Please comment on the question and not the process or policy. Thank you.
...94 [8D]
Pacifica By The Sea
Rick West

Re: General Question to Membership

Postby Columbia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:23 pm

Yes. I like that idea. It will be easy to post extra parts that one will want to get rid of also.
Joe
Columbia

Postby Fred Maurer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:46 pm

I don't see a down side. What better, or more obvious place to look for EC-12 boats or parts than the "All things EC-12" web site? If there is a down side, I have an open mind and would be interested in considering it. At this point I would be in favor.
Fred Maurer

Postby Capt. Flak » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:35 am

The down side is that once an item is sold, it needs to be marked as sold or deleted from the post. This will need to be monitored and help from the seller will be needed.

It also needs to be EC-12 boats and parts only. And only those parts that are being sold buy a skipper who is getting rid of them or making room for new parts. It must not be a place for the manufacturers to list all the stuff they are selling. There is already a vendors page for that.

That said, I think it could work.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Fred Maurer » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:02 am

Good points all. Especially the point about limiting the posting of items for sale to a private seller. Hopefully the successful seller will be prompted to remove his offer by the threat of continuing inquiries that are no longer relevant. I do see where a failure to remove an item for sale that has been sold could gum things up a bit.
Fred Maurer

Postby Rick West » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:38 am

Well, there will be a learning curve when working with free feeding. There will be a posted notice in place with suggested format and as little policy as possible. If we do this it will not be overnight.

Right now I just trying to get a feel about doing it here or continue on the website. Then Joe and I will do our best to herd the cats and set it up. There are a lot of ideas and there should be a time for thinking.
...94 [8D]
Pacifica By The Sea
Rick West

Postby hedderick » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:12 pm

On some websites where items are posted for sale, the item automatically disappears after 15 or 30 or 90 days (set by administrator). This minimizes the need for someone to manually delete the item. If the seller wants to re-post he or she can.
Richard Hedderick 38
hedderick

Postby Capt. Flak » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:43 pm

That sounds like a good idea. I will need to see if this site can do that. I have only had administrative access for a couple of days. Maybe Paul or Rick already know.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Rick West » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Thank you all for the comments. The class is moving forward to implement this change. The class will be notified when the change occurs. This will be after the 2012 NCR dust settles and the load diminishes.
...94 [8D]
Pacifica By The Sea
Rick West

Return to Ask the Secretary