hull #587 and 588

Got a question on the EC12 class rules, ask the secretary
(Note: only items pertaining to the EC12 will be allowed. Other postings will be deleted.)

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55

hull #587 and 588

Postby whays » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:43 pm

These boats were purchased in Dec 79 or Jan 80 from a young man, who Buddy Black had help set up with his molds. Best of my memory he was located in Bay Pines, Fl. The registry shows them as Rey (reynolds) which is not correct. Maybe, Buddy can correctly I.D. the builder or if he was building for Buddy.

I am going to put one of them back in the water after 30 years, need help with Radios and winches, as it is now, a whole new world. Also, Do you have a contact person in the Atlanta area?
whays

Postby s vernon » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:52 pm

I am a contact person in Roswell, GA. We race pretty much every weekend at Murphey Candler Park in Dunwoody or at Mar tins Landing in Roswell - after they get the dam repaired, which will be a long time in the future.

Email
susanveee at gmail dot com
I'll send you a message thru this group

We have a website that is not terribly active. I need to start posting on that. Jack W is hoping that I will be very active on the internet. humor
www.atlmyc.org

We get 4 EC-12s out racing on a good day. Perhaps a couple more in the near future.

I will send you my Thursday email this week. Hopefully there will be some interest in racing this Saturday by the guys.

Scott
s vernon

Postby whays » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:18 pm

thanks for the prompt reply, <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by s vernon</i>

I am a contact person in Roswell, GA. We race pretty much every weekend at Murphey Candler Park in Dunwoody or at Mar tins Landing in Roswell - after they get the dam repaired, which will be a long time in the future.

Email
susanveee at gmail dot com
I'll send you a message thru this group

We have a website that is not terribly active. I need to start posting on that. Jack W is hoping that I will be very active on the internet. humor
www.atlmyc.org

We get 4 EC-12s out racing on a good day. Perhaps a couple more in the near future.

I will send you my Thursday email this week. Hopefully there will be some interest in racing this Saturday by the guys.

Scott
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
whays

Postby whays » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:28 pm

Is anyone in contact with Buddy Black? He may be able to answer this question.
The hulls are ultra light, molded ballast, wooden curved decks, rudder, really would like to correct the registry as to manufacture, again these hulls were made in dec 79 or jan 80. 587 was last sailed in ACCR 1980 on Lake Seminole, St Pete, Fla
whays

Postby RMDJBD » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:31 am

whays

Does one of the hulls have a Teak strip plaked deck and the other have a spruce planked deck? If you can post some Pic's, I built some back then.

Bob Dudinsky
R.M.D.MARINE
RMDJBD

Postby Rick West » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:44 pm

Bill, send me a private email from this forum or the class contact listing and I will put you in contact with Buddy's son and you can go from there. Buddy is fine and visits many of the FL regattas.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby whays » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:32 am

Rick, thanks for the information on locating Buddy Black. I talked with him this morning. Relived a little of our past and where we are today, good to hear from someone you respect. He did tell me who built my boats, 587 and 588, Skip Hickman was the builder. Also, he pointed out Reynolds Manufacturing, numbered his hulls and marked them with a logo, interesting.
The restoration continues.
Thaanks again..
whays

Postby Rick West » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:06 pm

We are more than boys playing with toys. Glad to help.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby greerdr » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:17 pm

Really?

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby Rick West » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:32 pm

Yes we are. It should be about friendship,sharing and sportsmanship.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby greerdr » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:59 am

Isn't that boys and toys?
Actually,I totally agree with you.
Many of my former big boat competitors(and more every week) are at the pond with the same intensity and competitive drive we raced with, but also a more sharing attitude toward the sport.
I really love you guys and enjoy your company immensely.
Photos of St.Pete will be up soon.To many dancers at Acropolis.

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby whays » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:05 pm

Rick, one other thing, I owed #41 from 1976 to 1979,
whays

Return to Ask the Secretary