Ace Nautical Commander

Radios, Servos, Winches, Batteries
All things that can make sparks

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Ace Nautical Commander

Postby Jim Linville » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:46 am

Does anybody know how to tell an AM Nautical Commander from an FM Nautical Commander? --Jim Linville
Jim Linville

Postby MichaelJ2K » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:17 am

I think the FM NC's indicate on the transmitter label that it is FM. I have the first version which is AM.

Mike Denest
EC12 #899
MichaelJ2K

Postby Jim Linville » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:58 pm

Many of you know that Fred Marks of FMA, Inc. designed the Nautical Commander when he worked at Ace. I sent my question to FMA and got the following answer from Tim Marks (VP Engineering).

"Open the back of the case. Look at the RF Module. If the module has two small, vertical mount trim pots, it's the FM module. An FM module will also have a large, square, upright capacitor, usually yellow or brown in color. It is a perfect square."

This description worked perfectly for me.

--Jim Linville
Jim Linville

Postby Chuck Luscomb » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:12 pm

Hi Jim,

I also have a NC which I am having trouble with. The outside of the box has a model number which says "FM 18 TX" Which I assume means it is an FM unit. I looked at the RF board and found two round black horizontal trim pots but I am still baffled. The RX says "Dual Converstion Narrow Band" which adds a bit more confusion as to which it is.

Do you have a way to get in touch with Fred?

Thanks....

Chuck
Chuck Luscomb

Postby Tony Bollers » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:24 pm

Hi Chuck: Fred can be reached at : fmadirect.com or directly (800)343-2934 0r (301)668-4280 or Tech Support : erics@fmadirect.com <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chuck Luscomb</i>

Hi Jim,

I also have a NC which I am having trouble with. The outside of the box has a model number which says "FM 18 TX" Which I assume means it is an FM unit. I looked at the RF board and found two round black horizontal trim pots but I am still baffled. The RX says "Dual Converstion Narrow Band" which adds a bit more confusion as to which it is.

Do you have a way to get in touch with Fred?

Thanks....

Chuck
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Tony Bollers

Postby fvracer1 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:56 am

If the label on the front of the transmitter says it is gold edition or easier, black label with gold letters it is Fm. If it has silver lavel with anchor, it is AM. Jim please email me.....

Frank

"When the cannon fires, harden up, tack or get out of my way"
fvracer1

Return to Electronics