PCM radio funnies - Are you there Texas Ed S?

Radios, Servos, Winches, Batteries
All things that can make sparks

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

PCM radio funnies - Are you there Texas Ed S?

Postby s vernon » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:18 am

The Futaba T6XAS is one of the better radio systems on the planet – light weight, subtrim, 120% ATV, knob for jib trim, available now and then on ground freq on ebay for cheap, etc, etc.

However, a couple of silly problems.

My problem. Only in PCM mode my RMG sheets half way in from full out after x amount of time (I think it is about 30 seconds, but of course I cannot duplicate it now at home) and stays there until I move the stick in then full out. At that time the sails will go back to full out for x amount of time before it happens again. Radio is in NORM failsafe on all channels. RMG is in failsafe. But it ain’t supposed to happen like this! I can put a PPM rcvr in the boat and switch the radio to PPM and the problem goes away which is logical. But ?????

My buddy’s problem. There is almost a one second delay when he moves the sail control stick. RMG 280 winch. I would not believe it but I saw it on shore. I suppose we should try PPM on his boat just for the heck of it, but he does not have a spare Skysport rcvr. This is an awful problem because you cannot react to puffs or employ tactics on other boats if there is a one second delay. By the time the sails change position, the whole situation has changed for the worse. He is going to try starting over on the radio model and see if that helps. ?????

I guess I should post this on every available discussion group and hope that Ed from East Texas sees it. But I will accept anyone’s help, please.

Scott
s vernon

Postby Rick West » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:57 pm

Hmmmm...I have three since they came out and all work fine. Two travel east and one is here in the west. There were 3 or four others that got them at the same time back when and many since. Those I know about were new from Tower or Sero City. I have not heard of "funny" things going on.

I wonder why these you speak of were on Ebay?

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Return to Electronics