winch travel

Radios, Servos, Winches, Batteries
All things that can make sparks

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

winch travel

Postby Nautic12 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:39 am

any sugg,using a rmg 280dl winch am unable to get iether main or jib boom full out ,nor can i get the amount of travel sugg by rmg 100-590mm.
Nautic12

Postby PaulP » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:21 pm

Tosh,
A quick email to Rob G should be your first priority. Some questions I know he will raise:

1) Are you using the correct size drum? The programming is for turns, not amount of travel. If the drum is too small, you won't get line travel.

2) is this a new radio/servo/installation or has it been operating OK for some time.

3) Does your radio work ok with other servos?

4) Have you tried the servo with a different radio?

If the transmitter is sending the correct length pulses, could be a servo programming glitch. If the servo acts up with different radio (problem follows servo), it helps point the finger. If the servo works ok with different radio, points finger at receiver/transmitter.

The trick is to isolate where the problem really lies.

Hope this helps. You'll find Rob is very helpful in troubleshooting the things. He builds good products and stands behind them.

Paul P
PaulP

Postby Nautic12 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:12 am

if there was a prize for <font color="red">dumb</font id="red"> skippers i would win.Took another look at my set up and discovered not enough turns on the winch drum
can now get both main & jib fully out
Nautic12

Postby yachtie » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:25 pm

Tosh
Hope you sort for next weekends clash of the giants[:)][:)]

Chris
NZL1 Longtack
&
NZL110 Swept Away
yachtie

Return to Electronics