RMG 280DL

Radios, Servos, Winches, Batteries
All things that can make sparks

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

RMG 280DL

Postby flynow1 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:13 pm

Just acquired a 12 with RMG 280DL. The electronics board was several years old so I'm replacing it with a newer version. The old board had 2 switches, one for the REC and another for the winch motor. I rewired it with a new single switch as per the drawing. Will not work that way! The rec LED goes to a fast flash and stays that way until power is removed. The rec is inoperative while the flashing is going on. When power is applied to the rec first (SPST) and then power to the winch motor (another SPST) is then turned on, everything seems to work. I assume this was the reason for the 2 switches in the first place! Haven't gotten into the programing yet (signal from RGM) turned off & on as per programing instructions. I went to the RMG website for a manual but the DL is not listed anywhere that I could find.
The info on RMD's web site about their switch alludes to the fact that their switch can be used without difficulties but I'm not sure. Does their thirty dollar switch work better than 2 separate switches? Or is there something I'm failing to understand?
I would like to lose one of the switches so a single switch does the job but so far that hasn’t worked. No reply back from RMG yet.
Any thoughts?
Thx
flynow1

Re: RMG 280DL

Postby RMDJBD » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:04 pm

Flynow

Call me and I will talk you through the single switch system.

Bob Dudinsky
R.M.D. Marine
727-360-4193
Bob Dudinsky
R.M.D.MARINE
RMDJBD

Re: RMG 280DL

Postby flynow1 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:32 pm

Will do. Any particular time better than another?
The recent boat I got is one of your earlier hulls.
thx
skip steagall
flynow1

Return to Electronics