2.4GHg Tx for RMG Smartwinch

Radios, Servos, Winches, Batteries
All things that can make sparks

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

2.4GHg Tx for RMG Smartwinch

Postby Rodney » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:35 pm

1. Will any 2.4GHg Tx/Rx combination work with the RMG 280EF Smartwinch? Presently I cannot obtain any life from my new RMG 280EF. Any suggestions?

2. What Tx/Rx is recommended to operate this Smart winch? What specs do I need for in a new TX/Rx. The range of selections is usually more than needed for one RMG and two servos (three channels). Local hobby shop personnel are of little assistance. Any suggestions?

3. My new RMG digital voltmeter displays error codes of F L A F and then shuts down. This condition occurs with one of two identical battery packs (6v, rechargable Nickel-cadmium battery packs). Any suggestions?
Rodney

Postby Chuck Luscomb » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:31 pm

Hi Rodney,

If you are following the standard wiring schematic for the RMG, you should have 6.0vdc connected to the red(+) and black(-) wires either directly or through an on/off switch. Regardless of what type of radio you have, you should get rising tones when you connect power to the red and black wires.

If you are not getting any rising tones, you do not have power or your battery is not as good as you think it is.

If you confirm these connections and your battery is confirmed to be good and you still do not get any tones, it is possible to have reversed the connections on the power which will damage the winch.

It is rare to have a bad RMG out of the box.

Hope this helps,

Chuck
Chuck Luscomb

Postby pgfaini » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:15 am

</font id="size5">Rod, Check your e-mails.
Paul<font size="5">
pgfaini

Postby s vernon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:38 am

As I remember I had a problem like that - deadness - until I decided that maybe that new to this model red wire had a function and I made use of it per the setup instructions.

Scott
s vernon

Return to Electronics