Spektrum DX6i winch trim adjustment

Radios, Servos, Winches, Batteries
All things that can make sparks

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Spektrum DX6i winch trim adjustment

Postby Bigears » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:36 pm

New RMG 280E winch installed. RMG recommends all end point adjustments be made using only the winch electronics. Have programmed the winch that way. However, unable to make any trim adjustments on the TX. Any solutions?
Bigears
Bigears

Postby RMDJBD » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:09 am

Bigears

Just finished up taking a swing arm out and puting in a RMG. Had the same problem and found out you have to set the transmitter up with the trim all the way in or the trim switch held down till it stops beeping then go into set up.

Just make sure you have the drum off till you get what you want, the winch is strong and will destroy a lot of things.

Bob Dudinsky
R.M.D.MARINE
RMDJBD

Postby Rick West » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:54 am

I agree with Bob.
More on safety:
The RMG is reliable and the processor remembers for years...meaning, I have turned one on in a stored boat and it lights off to the standard shutdown setting I recommend. That is put a boat away after sailing with sheetlines full out; stick up.

Before turning one on, check the stick is UP.
Then turn it off to mount the rig.
Turn it on when the sheetlines are attached then close haul slowly to make sure your boom settings have not changed or is not the last rig you had on.
Never, slam the stick down anytime. This is when major damage can occur and ruin you day in the shop or at the lake or dropping out of a regatta still holding the hotel bill.

Standard practice has been to program with winch trim settings all the way in. This too is safety to prevent any sheet in trimming on the water that could pull the boom down enough to break something.

Adjust the close haul setting with the stick down and trim IN. Then limit the servo (winch) to your liking for full out sheeting.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby Bigears » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:02 pm

Thanks for the inputs. I consider the problem solved.
Bigears 07
Bigears

Return to Electronics