Alternate wiring for the RMG winch

Radios, Servos, Winches, Batteries
All things that can make sparks

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Alternate wiring for the RMG winch

Postby Albert Stall » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:15 pm

<font color="green"><font size="3">Sorry Guys,</font id="size3"></font id="green">
<font color="green"><font size="3">I goofed on the wiring diagram....I corrected the wiring and added a few notes. It is now correct.</font id="size3"></font id="green">
One of our fellow Captains wanted to know how to remove the contact from a Futaba type connector so I made up a photo essay of how it's done. Once you know the secret, it's a snap. This really relates to the RMG instruction to remove the red wire from the Futaba plug coming from the Winch Controller.

Also included is what I hope is an easier to understand wiring diagram for the Alternate connections of the RMG winch.

Keep your head on your shoulders at all times and concentrate.

And remember, that 99 99/100% of the time, red goes to red and black goes to black. Very rare that it would be otherwise.

Follow the link: http://picasaweb.google.com/Mywebpictur ... 2338358962

Al Stall
Albert Stall

Postby Rick West » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:27 pm

That is really nice Al, but what is wrong with just cutting out a piece of the red wire? The effect and intent of the wiring is still the same.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby Albert Stall » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:47 pm

If for some reason you may want to revert back to the original configuration, it's more difficult to accomplish since you would probably have to cut off the Futaba connector and solder on a new one. By removing the contact intact, it's easy to push it back into the connector.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rick West</i>

That is really nice Al, but what is wrong with just cutting out a piece of the red wire? The effect and intent of the wiring is still the same.

...94 [8D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Al Stall
Albert Stall

Postby greerdr » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:20 pm

I do it just like Al.Bet he copied me;he just had MUCH better pictures!
Joking aside Al,you are really doing a great job on some of the really "tweaked" parts of our boats.

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby Albert Stall » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:34 pm

Thank you Dr. Bob, I appreciate that. Now if I can only learn how to WIN...........

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by greerdr</i>

I do it just like Al.Bet he copied me;he just had MUCH better pictures!
Joking aside Al,you are really doing a great job on some of the really "tweaked" parts of our boats.

R.C.Greer
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Al Stall
Albert Stall

Postby greerdr » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:00 pm

Winning is not learned;it is a gift aquired after long and exquisite torture by the really good sailors in this fleet (of which there are an abundance lest you haven't been watching).
I still haven't done it(won) but I won't quit trying.
All of us appreciate your photos and tips-keep them comming.

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Return to Electronics