clip for jib upper jib stay shown on build site

All things above deck

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

clip for jib upper jib stay shown on build site

Postby s vernon » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:03 pm

Rick,

I could just ask this in an email, but maybe other people have the same question. I found one in my old parts box so it jogged me into action.

There is a clip shown on the build site on one or more pages. It looks like what you would have if you jammed a couple of cotter pins into opposite ends of a sleeve. What it really is is a single wire/thin rod bent into that shape. When the sleeve is centered the clip is closed and when you slide the sleeve toward one end, the clip is open. Who makes it and hopefully what is the part number or at least part name? I tried to find it in Towerhobbies.com by searching various words but could not find it. I have not seen them in quite a few years.

It is a stronger fitting that the various fishing clips that a lot of us use. Some people favor a weak 75 pound strength fishing clip on out sheets since it acts as a fuse in a collision/raft up.

http://www.ec12.info/Rig%20Assembly.htm
Image follows the word "prepartion" on that page.

Thanks,

Scott
s vernon

Postby bigfoot55 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:00 am

Scott- it is a control line connecter. I had a few left over from old salt fishing tackle box. Cannot find them here that small anymore. Like to hear a source.
tom
bigfoot55

Postby MichaelJ2K » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:58 pm

Sig Manufacturing has them. Here's a link or search for control line accessories.

http://www.sigmfg.com/cgi-bin/dpsmart.e ... nectors_01

Mike Denest
EC12 #899
MichaelJ2K

Postby Doug Wotring » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:26 pm

I forget the name of them in the salt Water fishing world but they are readily available in that venue.

try merrick tackle I think that is where I bought mine last.

I have also bought them at Walmart and Bass Pro Shops that are in Saltwater Fishing areas
Doug Wotring

Postby s vernon » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:36 pm

Thank you everyone. Sig SH-443 is the large size and is 49# versus the mdium at 22#. So we would use the large I believe.

Very much available from hobby shops by mail order - easily found by googling. Price varies wildly at different stores.

Scott
s vernon

Postby Ron Brown » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:53 pm

The clips that you are looking at, can be found on line at Jann's Net Craft (fishing tackle)They come in 3 sizes.
Ron Brown

Postby Rick West » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:28 pm

I am just now back online. Lost all utilites last Friday in the Green State of California.

Control Line Connectors and use them every where. My listing was from Lone Star Bals but they got burned out in November. Medium and small is what I use.

Lone Star was a major supply source for me and hope they come back.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby tag1945 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:23 am

Here is the link for the connectors:

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/connecting-links/335505.aspx#

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ron Brown</i>

The clips that you are looking at, can be found on line at Jann's Net Craft (fishing tackle)They come in 3 sizes.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
tag1945

Return to Sails & Rigs