CE

All things above deck

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

CE

Postby Doug Wotring » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:04 pm

for those of you with B rigs, Does the CE change from an A to B rig?

just wondering if it will use the same mast step hole.
Doug Wotring

Postby Rick West » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:45 pm

Doug,
If I am running in wind that is borderline for an A rig, my mast position is forward. When I install the B rig I do so in the center slot and have not to date needed to move it up. Hence, I would say there is a CE difference.

There may have been some wind at Charlestion that was over 15 in the past. I have footed in these conditions (certainly in gusts) with the B because generally the seas are heavier. This moves the CE forward and may be the reason that I have never had the B round up the boat or feel a heavy helm.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby s vernon » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:23 pm

Rick,

So the position for the A rig in its normal wind range is the same as the B rig in its normal wind range? Middle hole in both cases?

Scott
s vernon

Postby Pink66 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:50 pm

Scott,

Not on my boat, the normal position for my b-rig is three maybe four holes forward, but my holes are only 3/16 apart.

Mark
Pink66

Postby Rick West » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:39 pm

Mark is reporting for the hole settings that he uses. He is much more refined than most in this.

With what I have stated, I needed to see a rounding up of the sail plan before I will more the mast forward on the step.

This is basic observational need and really not something that is canned for all. Our sail plans are different, as well as the controls.

Up to 18 knots I have not seen a need to go forward. That is with my sail plan and may not be with yours. The is a concept on your boat and adjusted for. There is not a perfect setting...go with the flow of what you have.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Return to Sails & Rigs