jib trim pot

All things above deck

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

jib trim pot

Postby marcsmith » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:26 am

Hey folks

I opened up my spektrum today (gotta do something while at work to stave off boredom)

I was going to use the landing gear switch location (uppper left) for the jib trim. (dx6i)

I noticed that all of the sticks have the pot on em and three wires on each pot. but the switches only have 2 wires...

where do I get my third wire from to put in the pot??? or do I need to steal the three wires from one of the pots thats are unused on the sticks

am I missing something.....
marcsmith

Postby deafsail » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:33 pm

http://www.ec12.info/Radio%20Equip.htm

Baron Bremer
ec12 81
ec2013
deafsail

Postby geeks2you » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:00 pm

Although I do not have my dx6i yet, I will be doing the same mod to mine in the near future. Take a picture of the boards inside like http://www.ec12.info/images/2.4GHz-004.jpg and someone should be able to point out or circle where the 3 pole connections are for the mod.

Eric Olson
Atlanta Model Yacht Club
AtlMYC.org
geeks2you

Postby Chuck Luscomb » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:46 pm

Hi Mark,

As to which to choose, the landing gear switch is set up for full travel in one direction or the other as would be used to lower or retract landing gear. No need for proportional control. You will need to use one of the available "pots" on one of the sticks.

Chuck
Chuck Luscomb

Postby marcsmith » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:46 am

Hey folks I figured out what i needed to do. for the short term I just plugged the jib trim into the rudder control (right left stick on throttle) and am I just using the trim button on that channel and I'm getting enough throw.

however I feel that the beeping of the trim button will get on my nerves and those around me rather quickly. so I will pull a pot out of dead servo and use that.
thanks for the link to the pics. I knew I had seen it,
marcsmith

Return to Sails & Rigs