Aerial Video of EC12 in Jacksonville, FL

This forum is provided for links to images taken at recent events. Please identify the event before the link. This will evolve as we get into the 2010 season.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Aerial Video of EC12 in Jacksonville, FL

Postby Capt. Flak » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:19 pm

I missed today's sailing day because of in-laws visiting. Somebody brought their Quad Copter and a GoPro camera. Great video. Wish I had my boat on the water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHlZ7ef5lQ8&nomobile=1

Enjoy.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Re: Aerial Video of EC12 in Jacksonville, FL

Postby yachtie » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:40 pm

Awesome video :lol: :lol:
yachtie

Postby JSR » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:26 pm

What a gorgeous piece of video. RC sailing is very hard to shoot. Might have found the perfect camera platform. :D
JSR

Postby kahle67 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:44 pm

Having a sailor fly one of these things knowing what shots to look for would be awesome. For those who have sailed 12's in Charleston, SC, here is another video of some sailing as seen from above. It was a Soling 1M points day not a 12 Meter day however.

Video by David Bott http://youtu.be/Ck9RRKjr2iA
Reichard Kahle Jr
Charleston, SC
kahle67

Postby Rick West » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:06 am

We had the photo essay slideshow of a race at Charleston years ago. Then the video cam from a boat 10 years ago. Then the video cam walking the shore of a race just a few years ago. Then a pursuit to perfection by Martin Gray of the hat mounted cam and video while he was racing the last two years. Now the RC helicopter that can go beyond the racing to the spirit of our pastime. How far we have come and this only in the last decade.

It would be nice to see a spread of this for the class site and the newsletter; media that goes beyond the subscribers here. I can even see a production by the AMYA for showcasing the recreation of RC sailing.

See OutsideOurBubble.com for what you can see from where you cannot see with your eyes while on the road or just in your back yard. Man, the explosion of thoughts...
...94 [8D]
Pacifica By The Sea
Rick West

Return to Photo and Video Event Links