Reynolds EC-12 on Ebay

The Auction is a good place to watch. Beware, this is where knockoffs surface or boats never registered. Verification of the hull is reguired before registration or transfer...Class Secretary.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Reynolds EC-12 on Ebay

Postby MichaelJ2K » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:18 am

Rick,
Do you have any data on this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Radio-Controlled-Sa ... dZViewItem
MichaelJ2K

Postby Rick West » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:20 pm

I have nothing on this hull. I have sent the seller an email. It may have never been registered.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby MichaelJ2K » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:34 am

Here's another one that just started on Ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true
MichaelJ2K

Postby Rick West » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:20 pm

This one too is not in the Registry. This is interesting and I wonder if there will be more surfacing. This is a "Buyer Beware" situation in that the authenticity will be needed for verification. Someone must have some history on these two "Reynolds."

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby greerdr » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:04 pm

Look on our EC-12 for sale site for registered,legal (and much better) boats.I have one of these old antiques and unlike my old Ozmun it doesn't sail for beans.

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby Doug Wotring » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:06 pm

Very true there are much better and legal boats on this sites classifieds.

However, these boats on ebay offer a very cheap alternative to someone new to the hobby that does not plan on attending sanctioned regattas, or to be a club boat so a new member can be involved while building a new boat.

I have in the past purchased a non legal boat (Canadian Built EC-12) that was ruled as nonregisterable. It was sold to a interested party in another club. This person was not likely to get involved at a higher expense, and knew thye boat was not legal for competition.

This boat has now undergone a complete refit, and has added to the # of a small club fleet which will enhance the enjoyment of all on that pond......despite it never being able to win a trophy
Doug Wotring

Return to EBay Hunters