Dumas Hull

The Auction is a good place to watch. Beware, this is where knockoffs surface or boats never registered. Verification of the hull is reguired before registration or transfer...Class Secretary.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Postby Stephen Crewes » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:12 pm

Out of the mouths of babes
Stephen Crewes

Postby Stephen Crewes » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:18 pm

Dave I can see your one of the good guys and something like this can this question have a drag on the whole theme of putting boats in the water. I for one will not doubt your word and if somebody would think that , then they have a difinite problem.
Stephen Crewes

Postby Stephen Crewes » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:44 pm

Well Larry if we're up to bartering . How about a discount for Freinds and Allies? And Mate, We're not going to PONY anywhere.

Now Larry you are calling me names , It seems a very common problem in your organisation. I didn't think you would stoop to that.

Tosh, they're doing it again. It appears that we can't put a differing view on anything and we must accept the party line. If we do this it is called RANTING. This smacks of IEC12M all over again. And I keep looking over my shoulder for HE is lurking around here for sure.

And if we don't accept the party line, am I going to be DE-Plugged? Thank you , I will wear it as a Badge.
Stephen Crewes

Postby Stephen Crewes » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:40 am

Seriously Dave I don't want to do this on open posting. And Seriously I really want to make friends, I have my own opinions and I have strong feeling on others. You can read into this what you like. I can see some of you guys have strong feelings too but going 'bull at a gate' is not going to solve anything. So I'm going to mosey back to the bunkhouse to think about, life.
Stephen Crewes

Postby Stephen Crewes » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:17 am

Well Friends and Comrades, I did 'Mosey back to the Bunkhouse' and I did concernplate, Life! Somebody far in access of me(an Aussie) pointed out that Doug's Hull was indeed illegal. OH Dear. For my friend was reading "The Manual for the EAST COAST 12-metre",(our sole surviving copy, I might add) page (89A??)V-E-1977 and came up with 1.1 All molds.......... must conform to the Treasure Tooling plugs".

Douglas , we are going to have to speak to you most sternly, before we 'PONY up to larry in our sack cloth and ashes' and ask for a Senior's discount.

Should I read on and say... no...., its all water over 'Guandoland' now?
Stephen Crewes

Postby greerdr » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:05 pm

That is interesting.My copy of The Manual for the East Coast 12-Meter page 89A part 3.0;3.1:"Hulls shall be obtained only from authorized manfacturers."I missed the part about Treasure Tooling,but will conceed that 3.5 states that "All <b></b>REGISTERED yachts from previously approved manufacturers that met the class specifications on the date of their manufacture will be considered legal."It would seem that " registry" is the critical aspect of the down under boats.

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby yachtie » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:51 am

Agreed with Mr Greer

My copy (Revised Edition September 1995) says the same.
Is this the rewriten rules for the 95 Standard Hull?? as on page 89D it says effective january 1 1995.

Also this is all in Section 7 - RULES.

Treasure - of note for your angle of the argument re ONE design - In Section 1.0 General - it states - The East Coast 12 Meter (damn yankee spelling)Yacht is a <b></b><i></i>RESTRICTED DESIGN model yacht class - <font color="red"></font id="red">NOT ONE DESIGN!!![:D]

Chris
NZL1 Longtack
&
NZL110 Swept Away
yachtie

Postby Stephen Crewes » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:10 am

Well Yachty thats interesting what you say. Just a breif explanation :I was quoting from the American Model Yachting Association page, titled "EAST COAST 12 METER ONE DESIGN" (Heading). If they got it all wrong , I suggest you tell them.

I'm not going to quibble over some words . I've got serious work ahead having FUN.

The NSW State EC12 Champs are on , on Saturday and I've got to pick that Kiwi up at the Airport tomorrow. That will traumatize me no end.
Stephen Crewes

Postby greerdr » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:17 am

Sail fast in the NSW regatta.Can you post some pix?

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby Stephen Crewes » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:51 am

I can provide some photos Greer but I need assistance off some one on the page to do it, any suggestions... keep it clean!
Stephen Crewes

Postby Stephen Crewes » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:07 am

Greeg, Well we had the state champs . we had the opportunity to see the USA type boat in action. It won some races and we beat it in some races , which all goes to prove that there is nothing in them as EC12s are concerned. The weather was hot about 80 deg and the winds light about 0 to 5 knots.
Stephen Crewes

Postby bodacious » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:48 pm

Steve..... I sent an email to ou directly. You can send some pictures to that address and I'll post them on our site...Doug B[8D]
bodacious

Postby greerdr » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:09 pm

Saw Doug,we still await the pictures of the NSW regatta.Drifter racing is tedious in 12's isn't it?

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Previous

Return to EBay Hunters