Two Suits of Stolen Sails

The Auction is a good place to watch. Beware, this is where knockoffs surface or boats never registered. Verification of the hull is reguired before registration or transfer...Class Secretary.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Two Suits of Stolen Sails

Postby breakwater » Sat May 24, 2014 3:01 pm

Please be on the lookout if these turn-up on eBay again.
Please be on the lookout for two suits of Stolen EC-12 Sails.

These were suits of sails that I used for a couple years, and then upgraded to a different sail maker.
I decided to put them out to auction on eBay, as no sense to hang them up on the wall for eternity. I sold them, at about $125 each, and shipped to two separate buyers.
One in Wellington Florida, and one in Broken Arrow OK

At some point along the way some member of our credible and not-bankrupt postal service decided to open both packages and make these disappear.
The Package in OK was accepted, and the package in Florida was delivered empty- and subsequently rejected by the buyer.

Both suits of sails are made by Rod Carr.
Both had my sail numbers inked on them, #1343, but were removed with Mr. Clean Magic eraser so not cause sail number conflicts.

Both suits will have mars on them from use, and can be identified in the random chance they turn-up.
The PX-75 suit has a mar at the top of the mainsail, where another skipper's mast got wrapped up with me.
The Lighter suit has a crease running from the lower third of the sail vertically and can be visibly seen when sailing.

Both of these sails are in perfectly useable condition, so they may turn out.
But I wonder if whom ever took them between the Hamilton, M.A. post office and their destination has any clue whatsoever what they actually are.

Photos Here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1765
12-1975
M-2333 M-2377 M-3741 M-3933
breakwater

Return to EBay Hunters