ozman setup

This section contains discussions on decks, hulls, rudders, ballasts.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

ozman setup

Postby cshelden » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:37 am

Maybe it is just late, but i've worked with this for an hour now, and still don't get it. If someone out there has a good handle on setting up the ozman winch I need some help. Also, have some questions in regards to below deck main sheet routing. I don't understand the purpose of the block mounted on the side of the hull for the main. I only get 8" of line travel on my setup right now as well. Feel free to email me as well..shelden3@pldi.net
Maybe after a good night sleep it will click.

Thanks,
Charlie
OKC,OK
cshelden

Postby s vernon » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:05 am

Both books, Manual and Optimizing, show the complete setup on Rod's and Bob's boats.

Scott
s vernon

Postby fvracer1 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:31 am

I just installed a completely rebuilt OZMUN in the Cork Boat listed for sale. I can walk you through it. You first need to make sure the winch is turning 180 degrees. Mark the white hub with a dot and turn on the tx and rx. Move the lever and measure whow much travel you have. This is important. If not, you need to adjust the pots. Arm length is crucial also...... If a problem contact me<i></i><font color="blue"></font id="blue">.....Frank

"When the cannon fires, harden up, tack or get out of my way"
fvracer1

Postby cshelden » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:08 am

Thanks for the tip Frank. I have been working on it a bit, and did just that. I now have 180deg travel about the 11:30 - 6:30 or so travel. Need to work out the arm details now, I have the EC12M I'll use what is in there for a starter based on Rodd Carr's design. Ballast, radio board is mounted now and I'm working on the ribs. I appreciate everyones help as well.

Charlie
okc ok
cshelden

Return to Below Deck